It's here! - Rane MP-2015
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Default It's here! - Rane MP-2015

So I just took possession of my new Rane MP-2015. I've only had about 30 minutes to play on it thus far, so I'll share my initial thoughts.

First off, build and fit and finish: Amazing. It has that Retro look, similar to the Rane MP-2016, the wood panels in person look fantastic. The knobs and switches are all high quality. The pots are a little looser than you might expect, but they are high quality (most of them are metal stemmed pots).

Hooking it up was easy peasy. I plugged my CDJ-2000's in via SPDIF, and my 1200's into the phono inputs. It all just worked (obviously).

Getting it to work in Traktor was very simple, no drivers or anything are needed (I use a Macbook Pro). I just selected the input channels and could play in internal mode (controlled via HID and an X1). Of course, timecode/scratch control is not yet enabled for this mixer just yet, so it's disabled.

Holy headroom! You can really crank this mixer. It's kind of insane. Even the gains, I only have them on about 2 with the SPDIF inputs to play at 0Db.

The filters sound amazing. Adjustable resonance is amazing. The isolator is fantastic.

Everything is simply laid out and very easy to figure out.

This is the real deal!

Last edited by tekki; 02-26-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

are the filters better then the xone filters??

Tech Wizard

Video?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    So I just took possession of my new Rane MP-2015. I've only had about 30 minutes to play on it thus far, so I'll share my initial thoughts.

First off, build and fit and finish: Amazing. It has that Retro look, similar to the Rane MP-2016, the wood panels in person look fantastic. The knobs and switches are all high quality. The pots are a little looser than you might expect, but they are high quality (most of them are metal stemmed pots).

Hooking it up was easy peasy. I plugged my CDJ-2000's in via SPDIF, and my 1200's into the phono inputs. It all just worked (obviously).

Getting it to work in Traktor was very simple, no drivers or anything are needed (I use a Macbook Pro). I just selected the input channels and could play in internal mode (controlled via HID and an X1). Of course, timecode/scratch control is not yet enabled for this mixer just yet, so it's disabled.

Holy headroom! You can really crank this mixer. It's kind of insane. Even the gains, I only have them on about 2 with the SPDIF inputs to play at 0Db.

The filters sound amazing. Adjustable resonance is amazing. The isolator is fantastic.

Everything is simply laid out and very easy to figure out.

This is the real deal!

That's all nice and all but....we all want a picture of your booth with this monster of a mixer in it :P
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    are the filters better then the xone filters??
    Sound wise I would say they are comparable to what I remember from when I had my Xone 92 (that was quite a few years ago now).

They are better in that:

- You get one per channel (including the submit channel)
    - You can set it to HP, LP, or the combined HP/LP (kind of like how Pioneer does it)

Resonance is full adjustable (huge improvement over Pioneer), but not independently like on the Xone 92 (not a big deal). The Xone has the mid-pass filter, which I never used anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    Resonance is full adjustable (huge improvement over Pioneer), but not independently like on the Xone 92 (not a big deal). The Xone has the mid-pass filter, which I never used anyway.
    But then there is the option to combine the different filters on the Xone to get an "all-pass" filter so that you're able to accent quite specific frequency bands using the resonance control. Best filter function ever. But I guess the parametric master isolator makes up for that to a certain degree.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

The 2015 was built for Ryan's setup.

Beast of a mixer - should look good in the loft
    SC | MC

Congrats man! Looks beautiful!
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast