How to arrange led output?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default How to arrange led output?

Hi,
    I have two questions regarding the LED outputs :

1. I have 4 buttons, assigned on my controller to the effects , now I want that these buttons are lit in red if you do nothing , for better orientation on the controller and when I press the buttons , they shall light up in green, how do I do that?

2. I have 8 buttons arranged horizontally where the master level should always be displayed so similar to x1 effect by ean golden, how can I do that , normal range is intended to be green and the last two red?

Thanks

Well, it's going to be dependant on the software.. and the hardware you are sending out to..
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Wizard

Oh im sorry, I m using the latest traktor pro 2 version and the controller is an ableton push.

Alright Fr3d, Ok, I don't have Ableton Push, but I have sent LED feedback to other controllers including Launchpad. I'll try to explain quickly how this operates, it should work with AP as well.
    Set up an input command, and with the buttons you wish to colour - find out the command that each button is hardware assigned to (CC or Note) (once you know the CC or Note, delete that input, it's purely for finding out your command)
    Make a new output command (FX1/effect one for example) and assign the same CC or Note to that button, adjust the parameters on the output, and have the left midi controller range to 0 and the right one to 1. This is pretty basic.
    This bit is gonna be trial and error unless you know the range that Red is covered by, and green. Go through the ranges, generally they go from 0 to 127, the red will be in there somewhere, put the red number in the left box, and the green in the right box. If it's back to front or anything, use invert. Blend is only if you are using a range of colours.
    The range thing, again, work out what buttons/led you want to light up, and the Master output will have a range from 0-1 so, divide that by 8, the first led (CC/note of the first LED) will be green from 0.000000 to 0.1250000, 2nd one from 0.125000 to 0.250000 etc.. til you get to the last 2 LED's and make them red. Play with it, if this doesn't go 100% it's close, this is purely from memory..!
    The colour output midi commands will likely be the same.

Dj_ade_s@hotmail.com
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 02-27-2015 at 07:22 AM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Try this for the ranges
    BLACK = RgbColor(0)
    DARK_GREY = RgbColor(1)
    GREY = RgbColor(2)
    WHITE = RgbColor(3)
    RED = RgbColor(5)
    AMBER = RgbColor(9)
    YELLOW = RgbColor(13)
    LIME = RgbColor(17)
    GREEN = RgbColor(21)
    SPRING = RgbColor(25)
    TURQUOISE = RgbColor(29)
    CYAN = RgbColor(33)
    SKY = RgbColor(37)
    OCEAN = RgbColor(41)
    BLUE = RgbColor(45)
    ORCHID = RgbColor(49)
    MAGENTA = RgbColor(53)
    PINK = RgbColor(57)

Tech Wizard

Oh boy, that sounds hard and what add ou commands do I use for the effects and to display the master volume?

Take it step by step my friend, it sounds harder than it is.
    It's a good way to learn how powerful the midi system is in Traktor.
    Umm.. as I'm not with my setup right now I can't remember the actual command for the FX button.. it's going to be something like FX1 on FX2 on etc.. then there's a sub category, for each specified effect under that, explore the midi out menu, it will definitely be in there,

The master out will be in the global output menu

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    Take it step by step my friend, it sounds harder than it is.
    It's a good way to learn how powerful the midi system is in Traktor.
    Umm.. as I'm not with my setup right now I can't remember the actual command for the FX button.. it's going to be something like FX1 on FX2 on etc.. then there's a sub category, for each specified effect under that, explore the midi out menu, it will definitely be in there,
    Do you mean this one? But is is on!
    27-02-2015 15-57-58.jpg

Nope, my error, 'button #' will be the ones to turn on and off the effect.. use these

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast