Questions about turntables - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

About time you changed your name lol

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    About time you changed your name lol
    Yeah, was kinda feeling like a creeper with that name after awhile. Padi hooked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalenberg View Post
    Yeah, was kinda feeling like a creeper with that name after awhile. Padi hooked it up.
    Padi is a prince. This is a better name for ya.

Schalenberg

So I noticed a new "issue" with one of my techs. When I stop and then play, one turntable starts noticeably slower than the other. What a fucking nightmare.

remember these arent CDJs... its best to drop the record in by hand rather than rely on the stop start buttons. using play buttons is the thing that took me the longest to get used to when i started using digital tools.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    remember these arent CDJs... its best to drop the record in by hand rather than rely on the stop start buttons. using play buttons is the thing that took me the longest to get used to when i started using digital tools.
    I do use my hands. It just so happened that I stopped a record playing and noticed it responded slowly. Started it back up and it started slowly.

sorry i just didnt want you to worry , in my experience i cant say my tables always stop and start at consistent speeds with the start button.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Have you done the whole checking the lights on the platters at different speeds to make sure they're properly setup?

You may need to do some servicing on those bad boys, but I'll let those with more tech experience on Technics chime in. I've never actually "tested" stop/start with a playing record on both decks.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Schalenberg View Post
    I do use my hands. It just so happened that I stopped a record playing and noticed it responded slowly. Started it back up and it started slowly.
    Does not necessarily have to be the turntable. Maybe the record is warped and/or the center hole is a bit too big, could contribute to something like this, as well
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Schalenberg

I tried a different record on that one turntable and it worked just fine. It's tough working with gear you know nothing about. Tempted to take them in to my service guy just to see what's up.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast