Launchpad MINI vs APC MINI... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

I've been reading alot of complaints about the apc mini.
    I reckon I could write a script to fix it (If someone wants to send me one)

I think you made the right choice, I also think that the apc40 mk1 work better for dj sets than the apc40 mk2!

Quote Originally Posted by blaches18 View Post
    I think you made the right choice, I also think that the apc40 mk1 work better for dj sets than the apc40 mk2!
    Why do you think Mk1 is beter for DJing than Mk2? I have never had any, but was thinking about buying one.

Yeah the APC40 has a nice solid build to it as well, I had the APC20 and loved the build quality. Suck the mk2 version isn't as durable.
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

I loved the feel of the apc20, but is there a different way to put it in midi mode without opening and closing ableton everytime you want to use it with another piece of software?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Why do you think Mk1 is beter for DJing than Mk2? I have never had any, but was thinking about buying one.
    You can set up the likes of EQ on "channels" more logically due to the layout of the knobs. IMHO the build quality is also a million times better than the Mk2.

I loved the feel of the apc20, but is there a different way to put it in midi mode without opening and closing ableton everytime you want to use it with another piece of software?
    You don't need to, unless you want the buttons to toggle layers exactly the same way as in Ableton - otherwise it just works as a midi controller and you'll need to create your own shift layers or modifiers within your software of choice.

if you do want to put it in ableton mode you can always just send out the sysex... https://audiodestrukt.wordpress.com/...on-the-apc-20/
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12