Thinking of buying a Denon SC2900... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    That was me. The sensitivity adjust did nothing.
    Because that wasn't your main issue. In a normal case, sensitivity adjust can be set to detect touch from 1cm above the platter to requiring a firm touch on it.

I also tried plugging it into the wall to solve the grounding issue, which appeared to work for a while, but then it went haywire again.
    Because you might have discharged your static electricity and then later picked it up again. Sythetic rugs are notorius for that.
    There are several things that we could have recommended to you if you have mentioned that in your original thread.
    I have written a lenghty post that went erased (because forum logged me out while I was writing it) so now I don't feel like writing it again, just read a similar problem with pioneer gear: https://serato.com/forum/discussion/869893

Denon customer service was useless--dismissing my grounding question--and just asked me to send the unit in for repair. What a pain in the ass...
    Yeah, I've noticed that customer services have "adapted" to the changing habits of their customer. Now people don't ask so much about solving/understanding problem, everything is expected to be plug'n'play.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Because that wasn't your main issue. In a normal case, sensitivity adjust can be set to detect touch from 1cm above the platter to requiring a firm touch on it.

Because you might have discharged your static electricity and then later picked it up again. Sythetic rugs are notorius for that.
    There are several things that we could have recommended to you if you have mentioned that in your original thread.
    I have written a lenghty post that went erased (because forum logged me out while I was writing it) so now I don't feel like writing it again, just read a similar problem with pioneer gear: https://serato.com/forum/discussion/869893

Yeah, I've noticed that customer services have "adapted" to the changing habits of their customer. Now people don't ask so much about solving/understanding problem, everything is expected to be plug'n'play.
    Thanks for the response. Again, I'm not questioning your troubleshooting accuracy, but I just didn't feel like moving my entire set up to try to solve the problem. I have also never experienced this issue with either my DDJ-SX or SX2, so I decided it would be best to just say goodbye to this thing.
    Aaron Benjamin
    soundcloud.com/djaaronbenjamin
    facebook.com/djaaronbenjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Thanks for the response. Again, I'm not questioning your troubleshooting accuracy, but I just didn't feel like moving my entire set up to try to solve the problem. I have also never experienced this issue with either my DDJ-SX or SX2, so I decided it would be best to just say goodbye to this thing.
    I've seen so much of great DJ gear going on sale over the years because of noob DJ's that have too much money+expectations but not enough knowledge and patience to aquire it - so I have no problem with that
    Sorry if I sound mean, please take it as humor (and a little bit of envy that I don't have that kind of money )
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I can understand where you are coming from, sometimes you get a piece of gear that has a couple of problems and even once sorted it always feels like you are waiting for the next thing to go wrong. Funnily enough I had this with my CDJ900s that I had prior to these, in a year of light home use I had a cue button replaced, a loop exit button replaced, and an issue where one unit would sometimes freeze and on the other unit sometimes it would just completely power off. They went back & forwards to Pioneer a few times but each time after being fixed it always felt like i was treading on eggshells using them waiting for the next issue. Quality players but I couldn't handle the stress of not knowing when the next thing was going to go wrong!

I've accepted over the years that sometimes you just get a dodgy unit(s) of an otherwise great bit of kit
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    I can understand where you are coming from, sometimes you get a piece of gear that has a couple of problems and even once sorted it always feels like you are waiting for the next thing to go wrong. Funnily enough I had this with my CDJ900s that I had prior to these, in a year of light home use I had a cue button replaced, a loop exit button replaced, and an issue where one unit would sometimes freeze and on the other unit sometimes it would just completely power off. They went back & forwards to Pioneer a few times but each time after being fixed it always felt like i was treading on eggshells using them waiting for the next issue. Quality players but I couldn't handle the stress of not knowing when the next thing was going to go wrong!

I've accepted over the years that sometimes you just get a dodgy unit(s) of an otherwise great bit of kit
    Well said! My biggest issue is that I hate the idea of (i) being left for a period of time (a few days is alright, but from my understanding these repairs can take months, especially when you factor in shipping times), and (ii) having to pay to ship the unit, especially when it essentially arrived "defective."

I will say that I did enjoy the SC2900 very much, but the two things that really killed it for me were the screen, and the lack of compatibility with Serato DJ.
    Aaron Benjamin
    soundcloud.com/djaaronbenjamin
    facebook.com/djaaronbenjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Well, I took the plunge and bought 2 SC2900's. I love that I can be untethered from Traktor if I want to be. Engine is a bit dodgy. It still needs some work and I'm not sure how much more Denon will put in to it but we'll see.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

Just think of them as awesome CDJ850s (for the price). They're WAY better than those!

Once you feel that you've really gotten a master on CDJs then you can move on to CDJ900s or something
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

HA!, I started on turntables and then went to CD's and then Traktor and a computer. It's like getting on that old bike that's been in my garage. I'm loving the decks, they're just what I expected them to be. I just wish the Engine program was a bit better designed and I'm sure Denon won't be putting much more into it.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I just wish the Engine program was a bit better designed and I'm sure Denon won't be putting much more into it.
    I also get this feeling as well. It's been a long time since they put any sort of update out for engine (Dec 2013!!), and there's been loads of feature requests on the forum, so it's not like they don't know people want improvements. They have been good at updating the firmware for the 29/3900's though, so I still have a tiny slither of hope that they are still working on engine!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the SC2900 and SC3900 can see multiple drives connected to them when linked. All the Link-able Pioneers let you see any drive connected to any deck at any time. No disconnecting of ethernet cables, flash drives, or reboots required. The Denons also had 1.0% increments at 100% while the Pioneers have 0.5% increments. Neither is great res, but the Pioneer still beats Denon on this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234