Thinking of buying a Denon SC2900... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can you test for us what happens when you try to play a 48k mp3 file (import in engine, playback on the sc2900)?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    I've never come across a file that didn't load into engine though, so I guess I must not have any 48k files.
    Ditto, I've got just shy of 14,000 tracks in Engine/Traktor for mobile use that has been built up over a lot of years and not once have I ran into a 48k file issue, either within Engine or on any of my CD/media players that I've owned. Is it just a custom format, i.e. not one used by default by any of the major online music stores??
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Can you test for us what happens when you try to play a 48k mp3 file (import in engine, playback on the sc2900)?
    I have a gig Friday night, I'll do my database updates tomorrow evening so I'll try importing a 48k file then (if I can find one!)
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Last time I used Engine it wouldn't let me use a 48khz file, I had to convert it to 44.1khz. I'm using the 3900's, documentation stipulates a 44.1khz file for use with Engine.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazbumpa View Post
    Last time I used Engine it wouldn't let me use a 48khz file, I had to convert it to 44.1khz. I'm using the 3900's, documentation stipulates a 44.1khz file for use with Engine.
    Ok, that sorts the "import to Engine" question. I'm wondering if the SC2900/3900 will run the "clean" 48K mp3 file (that wasn't analyzed in Engine) by just lowering the sampling frequency to 44.1k (the way my software media player does in OS).

I got mine from Amazon, and it appears to be a grey market product with the seial # blacked out. On top of that, the platter was hypersensitive. Amazon offered to let me return it, so I'll be sending mine back shortly.

Lack of Serato DJ support was also a major bummer...
    Aaron Benjamin
    soundcloud.com/djaaronbenjamin
    facebook.com/djaaronbenjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Also, I was wondering why it couldn't play certain files. I guess they were 48k...
    Aaron Benjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    I got mine from Amazon, and it appears to be a grey market product with the seial # blacked out. On top of that, the platter was hypersensitive. Amazon offered to let me return it, so I'll be sending mine back shortly.

Lack of Serato DJ support was also a major bummer...
    The first part is reason enough to return it (but that's not unit specific issue).
    Other problem is solvable (sensitivity settings on the unit or grounding issues in your house).

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    The first part is reason enough to return it (but that's not unit specific issue).
    Other problem is solvable (sensitivity settings on the unit or grounding issues in your house).
    Yeah I quite like the fact that the touch sensitivity of the platter is fully adjustable in the settings, most CDJs aren't. Means you can set it to your touch, rather than simply having to adjust to what you are given.

I do seem to remember someone recently mention having a problem with hypersensitivity that turned out to be a grounding issue.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    Yeah I quite like the fact that the touch sensitivity of the platter is fully adjustable in the settings, most CDJs aren't. Means you can set it to your touch, rather than simply having to adjust to what you are given.

I do seem to remember someone recently mention having a problem with hypersensitivity that turned out to be a grounding issue.
    That was me. The sensitivity adjust did nothing. I also tried plugging it into the wall to solve the grounding issue, which appeared to work for a while, but then it went haywire again. Denon customer service was useless--dismissing my grounding question--and just asked me to send the unit in for repair. What a pain in the ass...
    Aaron Benjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast