Need help Mapping my F1
    Tech Wizard

Default Need help Mapping my F1

Hey guys! I'm like halfway done my F1 mapping. I've basically made it a mirror of an X1 mk2 but am having some troubles. I've been able to toggle cue points 1-4 to cue points 5-8 using using a modifier button (where the flux button is on the x1 mk2) but now I'm trying to get it so that when I hit capture it changes the pads to loop controls. I can seem to get the actual controls to work but I can't get the LEDs to change back to the other mode when I switch out of the loop controls. If any pro-mappers would like to give me a hand, I'd be super grateful. Let me know and we can either do it via team viewer or skype. Would probably only take a couple mins once I properly explain/show you the problem.

Thanks,
    Antunica

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Antunica,

I think I do understand what you're trying to accomplish in your mapping. I also have an F1 and I would like to check out your TSI and hopefully sort this out for you.
    Any chance you can upload the file here?

Best.

Tech Wizard

I've gone ahead and uploaded it over in the mappings section. (https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/4167)
    If you'd like, I can whip up a drawing of what I'm attempting to do or we could maybe look at it together on skype with screen sharing. I was pulling my hair out for HOURS yesterday trying to get this to work but I couldn't seem to get the leds to change back to the normal cue point/deck controls after going into loop mode. They'd stay as how I set them for the loop controls even though the controls where then set back to the normal cue banks and cue, play, sync etc.

I went ahead and made a mockup of what I was trying to map to the pads when I toggle the loop mode with capture. Like I said, I got the maps to work somewhat, the pad LEDs would just stay what I set them as in loop mode and wont change back to the normal LED colours unless I activate the 2nd page of hot cues. x1mk2f1.jpg
    Last edited by antunica; 03-03-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Ok - so based on your feedback I've added entire Loop page available via the "Capture" button.

Several other improvements:
    - fixed cue #6 output of deck D
    - fixed the Shift button LED output
    - fixed cue #7 and cue #8 delete function (shift+)
    - added the beat phase in to the Loop page (in place of Play buttons)
    - LED output will display selected loop size

F1customX1emulator_Edit.zip

Please test out and let me know if you find anything funky.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Ok - so based on your feedback I've added entire Loop page available via the "Capture" button.

Thank you so much! I'll give it a try when I get home from work tonight. Just out of curiosity, why is it that capture didnt have to be set to a 4th modifier? Will it not interfere with the cue bank page button that I have set on pads 9 and 11? I'll have to see it in action when I get home though. Was trying to learn how to map last night and this problem was giving me such an issue!

Antunica

Tech Wizard

yeah they wasnt what I was looking for. Yours was similar to a map that I downloaded but I wasnt a fan of the layout. Goodnews is that I found out how to do my loops! Thanks for your help because looking at your mapping settings helped me figure out how to do mine the way I wanted to

Hmmm... I don't know what you mean. I'm pretty sure I have built the loops layout in the way you've described in the provided image with exception of the Beat Phase.

C_Loop In ; C_Loop Out ; D_Loop In ; D_Loop Out
    C_Size 4 ; C_Size 8 ; D_Size 4 ; D_Size 8
    C_Size 16 ; C_Size 32 ; D_Size 16 ; D_Size 32
    C_Set Loop ; C_Beat Phase ; D_Set Loop ; D_Beat Phase

Anyways, I'm glad you figured out what I did with modifiers so you could easily pick it up from there.

Tech Wizard

Hmmm... I don't know what you mean. I'm pretty sure I have built the loops layout in the way you've described in the provided image with exception of the Beat Phase.

C_Loop In ; C_Loop Out ; D_Loop In ; D_Loop Out
    C_Size 4 ; C_Size 8 ; D_Size 4 ; D_Size 8
    C_Size 16 ; C_Size 32 ; D_Size 16 ; D_Size 32
    C_Set Loop ; C_Beat Phase ; D_Set Loop ; D_Beat Phase

Anyways, I'm glad you figured out what I did with modifiers so you could easily pick it up from there.
    So turns out I was wrong. For some reason When I was trying to use your edits, it wasnt loading it and instead was loading a different mapping. It still helped me figure out how to map the modifiers! Thanks again so much

Thanks for your follow up! And you are welcome