start a loop from the OUT point in Traktor, is that possible??

Default start a loop from the OUT point in Traktor, is that possible??

so... a song's phrase (that I want to loop) has already started and I couldn't hit the IN button. I would like to select the number of bars and press only the OUT button, so the song would go backwards 4/8/16 or whatever I have pre-selected (and the loop would activate).

Every time I hit any loop button (in my s2) traktor sets the loop from that point onwards. Which means that this point is the IN... and I would like to have the posibility of setting the OUT.

Did I explain myself?? Sorry, english is not my first language and this is a bit of a mess. I asked in other forums and nobody could explain any way of doing this.

thank you guys!! I'm new here!!

If using "loop out" button doesn't do that then - no, Traktor currently does not offer that kind of looping. But, it would be a good request for NI.

For now, you could make an 8 beat loop and move the loop to the point you want it or create a custom midi mapping on the "loop out" button that instead of creating a loop at current location, it does a beat jump backwards 8 bars and then creates the 8 bar loop?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Yeah, a custom mapping would be easy enough to do - beat jump then loop. Good call, might have to map that myself!

yeah!! thanks god I found a forum where people understood it!! haha...

well, the best way I found of doing this would be mapping one button for each deck, when pressing the button it makes a beatjump backwards... and releasing the button it activates the loop. Do you guys think that would work?? And also... if I do that... would I still be able to select the lenght of the beatjump?

I'm really surprised that traktor doesn't have this feature... it seems so obvious.

Thanks!!!!!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Add In > Deck Common > Loop > Backward Loop Size Select + Set

Well, if your main problem is that you frequently miss the loop point then, instead of making custom midi mapping, try making/saving loop points as hot loops so that Traktor automaticaly enters a loop when they are reached.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Add In > Deck Common > Loop > Backward Loop Size Select + Set
    HEEEEYYY!!!! this is the closest i got so far! thank you very much! there is only one problem, in order for this to work I have to set the "set to value" with one specific lenght... the first option (---) doesn't seem to work... I would like to select the lenght on the fly... do I have any chance??

If not, is there a way of doing this by press button = 4/8/16 backwards + release button = activate loop? do you know if this can be "dangerous"?

Thank you!!
    Last edited by Myself; 03-03-2015 at 11:27 AM. Reason: more questions, in case no one knows...