Vestax VCI-400 brand new, Cue/PFL not working. Error when installing firmware.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vestax VCI-400 brand new, Cue/PFL not working. Error when installing firmware.

Vestax VCI-400 brand new, Cue/PFL not working. Error when installing firmware.

Hello, I just bought a new vestax VCI 400 regular model. Got it out of the box and just plugged it in and it's working great except one problem. When I press PFL button I cannot hear track I would like to cue up in the headphones, even after adjusting cue/master knob and headphone level knobs on Vestax bottom right ???
    How can I fix this?
    Also....I'm using firmware it came with and tried to run vestax firmware updater 2.1 but
    It had an error & fails to update.
    How can I update it if it keeps failing?
    Now that Vestax is bankrupt & no support i'm quite worried about this new purchase. USed
    this machine for 2 years before last one broke & i bought this replacement. Really love it, when it works!

I've been DJ'ing & Producing since 1997 & can manage to mix visually, but without hearing whats next, it simply
    SUCKS. Please help.

Boogiemeister
    www.SoundCloud.com/Boogiemeister
    Mac OSX 10.9.5
    Serato DJ 1.7.3 (bought)

Default ?

Maybe i'm just not installing firmware properly.
    Directions only in German! Cant find English directions anywhere....
    Please advise step by step if you can.
    Big events coming up & sick of not being able to cue up next track in the mix!

Link of YouTube showing my issue in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x70H...r#action=share

I'm not sure what link you're downloading from. https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...s-and-Firmware

I just downloaded and verified that these files both install and update my VCI-400 without any problems. The German instructions show you everything you need to know only I don't put the device into "bootloader mode" (I didn't know such a thing even existed) Have you tried other USB ports? Is the port USB 3.0? Have you tried firmware updating from a different computer?

Wait wait wait. Now my VU meters aren't working. Hold please.

Okay got it back working *phew* Try flashing the "vci400_v21_AUDIO.bin" file instead.

Default Still Cue problems even though updated Audio Firmware.

A guy from Serato team had the great idea of
    using another computer to install the Vestax Firmware Updater,
    and that worked. Kind of. It worked for updating the Audio Firmware
    to latest v21.00 but the Midi Firmware it gives that same Error Message when I try to upgrade from stock v01.12 to v02.03.
    Unfortunately, when PFL buttons are pressed I still CANNOT hear any tracks I'm trying to CUE up, only the master (even though the VCI-400 Cue/Mixer know is all the way to the left where I should just be hearing the Cue).
    No cue, no mix. 3 weeks & Serato is not able to help me so far , Vestax
    bankrupt, means I should send this unit back for refund & get another brand i guess.

Too bad...was my favorite controller for 2 years!

Unless....anybody know if there are any settings in Serato that could be adjusted to get Cue/Master knob
    options?

Adrian

Really? Nobody can help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiemeister View Post
    A guy from Serato team had the great idea of
    using another computer to install the Vestax Firmware Updater,
    and that worked. Kind of. It worked for updating the Audio Firmware
    to latest v21.00 but the Midi Firmware it gives that same Error Message when I try to upgrade from stock v01.12 to v02.03.
    Unfortunately, when PFL buttons are pressed I still CANNOT hear any tracks I'm trying to CUE up, only the master (even though the VCI-400 Cue/Mixer know is all the way to the left where I should just be hearing the Cue).
    No cue, no mix. 3 weeks & Serato is not able to help me so far , Vestax
    bankrupt, means I should send this unit back for refund & get another brand i guess.

Too bad...was my favorite controller for 2 years!

Unless....anybody know if there are any settings in Serato that could be adjusted to get Cue/Master knob
    options?

Adrian

mid-2012 Macbook Pro 13", S4,VCI-400EG, F1 Rokit 5's

mid-2012 Macbook Pro 13", S4,VCI-400EG, F1 Rokit 5's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast