Loop Recorder on a S8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Loop Recorder on a S8

Since NI got rid of the LoopRecorder Section on the S8 - and this was a brilliant feature on a S4, back then - I am a little bit helpless. Any other users who misses this Feature?

I would be glad if i could use the LoopRecorder again, since I was playing one or two decks, filtering and eq'ing them, add some fx and then record it via LR and put it into a free Remix Slot.

do I have to use an other Controller (the MidiFighter 3D seems to be the right weapon of choice) or are there alternatives?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Pretty much yes - since the mappings are not available in S8 you would need another peace of hardware to control the Loop Recorder. I'd suggest picking up the Twister instead of the 3D since it has knobs for things like Dry/Wet or the Loop Size... I could help you out and provide a mapping if you decide to grab a Midifighter.

Tech Convert

Yeah, I'd love to have a Twister, but since I own the MF3D I didn't had a descent mapping (besides the instant gradification mapping and Beaubryte insanely complex masterpiece ) for a real-world-on-stage usage
    Plus: shipping to Germany is a huge pain. did two orders, both ended in catastrophic problems - nothing DJTT could do...

And thank you Stewe for the fast response and throwing a bone

But it would be awesome to create a dedicated mapping to use it with the loop recorder and the remix decks.
    For starters:
    - side button to inc/dec slotsize
    - side button to full dry/wet amount
    - side button to del/undo
    - "shift" (maybe one of the side buttons?) and button to record and instantly lay on a remix deck slot

but I should document this, and THEN map this - besides I'm not sure if I could do this with the MF3D due to my limited knowledge about complex mappings
    especially anything around the remix deck voodoo....

PS: Why would NI abandon their own creation that easily?
    Its like selling you a car with traction control, and the next bigger & faster model has not this traction control.... not very smart, eh?

I love the loop recorder, I use it extensively and likewise I think it's a shame they didn't include direct controls on the S8. Now I understand the implemented workflow with the remix decks but I still think it's not a perfect replacement.
    The reality is not that many people use it in the end (that's only a feeling, not a fact. It comes from looking around me, discussing with people, watching the net).

A silly thing with the loop recorder: if you switch your fx post faders, which would be great is most cases, now you can't record them within the recorder. Or am I missing something?

If you have an android or Idevice, try using touch osc, it's cheap, easy to set up (quite) and you can create a very simple loop recorder mapping. Of course the best would be to support DJTT with the midifighter. But now you now you have alternatives.
    Last edited by Yul; 03-06-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Convert

I totally forgot I already have touchOSC
    BUT: some real buttons would be great... and with the 4x4 matrix, the MF3D looks predestinated for that job
    allright, I could use multiple systems to do this, and NI seems not to bother that their own creation got lost on a S8.
    Lets have a look whats happens next...

Waiting patiently for them to release an update which allows some mapping on the s8.....
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    Waiting patiently for them to release an update which allows some mapping on the s8.....
    This would be big update to the Controller Manager. The S8 uses more than two modifier conditionals to work with screen modes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBear View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to have a Twister, but since I own the MF3D I didn't had a descent mapping (besides the instant gradification mapping and Beaubryte insanely complex masterpiece ) for a real-world-on-stage usage
    Plus: shipping to Germany is a huge pain. did two orders, both ended in catastrophic problems - nothing DJTT could do...

And thank you Stewe for the fast response and throwing a bone

But it would be awesome to create a dedicated mapping to use it with the loop recorder and the remix decks.
    For starters:
    - side button to inc/dec slotsize
    - side button to full dry/wet amount
    - side button to del/undo
    - "shift" (maybe one of the side buttons?) and button to record and instantly lay on a remix deck slot

but I should document this, and THEN map this - besides I'm not sure if I could do this with the MF3D due to my limited knowledge about complex mappings
    especially anything around the remix deck voodoo....

PS: Why would NI abandon their own creation that easily?
    Its like selling you a car with traction control, and the next bigger & faster model has not this traction control.... not very smart, eh?
    On my to-do list mate!

Please provide the image with full controller layout that you think is great for the 3D Loop Rec mapping.

Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Convert

Woohaa, thanks for the Support! I'd wish NI would give such support

Alright, now I HAVE to do this, since you demanding it

And until NI gives us a fully editable S8, imho this could take years, we have to help us ourselves with these kind of solutions ...
    I am a little bit disapointed, since I switched to the S8, but I still have some faith and hope doesn't nuke the fridge with their way they are heading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast