DJM 850/900 Soundcard fot Traktor and Ableton

Default DJM 850/900 Soundcard fot Traktor and Ableton

Hello DJTT community,

this is my first post and I hope someone could help me with this.
    I would like to combine Traktor Pro and Ableton for mixing original tracks with Traktor and sounds, beats and other crazy stuff with Ableton.

Is it possible to run both programs with the build in soundcard of the DJM 850/900? E.g. Channel 1+2 for Traktor and Channel 3+4 for Ableton.

My dream would be to route the Traktor Output through Ableton Audio channels to use Abletons FX. Is that also possible with the one soundcard, or would I need another one? I know that I can use the Software "Jack Audio" to route Audio signals internally but I don't know the limits of the DJM 850/900 soundcard.

I don't own the mixer yet so I can't try it out at the moment. I just want to get sure what I would be able to do with the smallest invest.

Greetings, AlphaRho

Default Found my answer

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRho View Post
    Is it possible to run both programs with the build in soundcard of the DJM 850/900? E.g. Channel 1+2 for Traktor and Channel 3+4 for Ableton.
    Update: I've just had the possibility to test it in a local music store, but on a DJM 750, which should have the same soundcard. Unfortunately it didn't work, because the DJM soundcard doesn't allow to run with multiple softwares at once. So it was possible to run ableton, or traktor and it worked very well with the one software and the audio routing was pretty easy.

I run it on a Windows Laptop. Maybe on a Mac it is a different story...

By the way, the software "Jack Audio" which you can use to route ASIO audio internally between softwares doesn't work with the DJM soundcard either.

So I guess my solution would be the NI Audio 10 and use Traktor in external mode.

Greeting, AlphaRho