Gaining Traction On Soundcloud And Other Social Media Platforms - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybarreneche View Post
    Thanks for the very helpful tips! I just went and applied them to my social media outlets and soundcloud. I never knew about the soundcloud groups!
    Glad it helped!

That reminds me, my subscription is up next week.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    That reminds me, my subscription is up next week.
    better pay up

thnx man nice one

Default Thanks Kwal!

Kwal! Can't thank you enough man. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Tech Wizard

So how do you guys deal with the recent disapearance of the soundcloud groups? is there a way to be found via stations? I'm asking this cause I really liked the groups as a way to get my music heard.

I don't think there's really been anything able to replace groups yet... They wanted to focus more on reposting but it's hard to get reposted because that involves someones approval, which unlike groups is not a sure thing.

Here's what I'd recommend...

If you're a DJ and you just post mixes, then start messaging DJs with similar numbers as you and start working on repost trades. Contact as many people as you want, obviously the more reposts the better. That should help out, but it will require more work and networking.

If you produce tunes, you can obviously still work on doing repost trades.. Most labels and collectives within your range of fans will work with you no doubt. You should also start looking for collectives to send your music to.. Get your new unreleased demos over to these pages and hope for releases. Don't aim high if you're not that skilled yet, trust me. There are a ton of collective labels on Soundcloud that have less than 1k followers looking for new artists to display. It helps them too ya know..

All in all, you need to work on your networking skills now. Don't ask for handouts or reposts, offer them something in return. I can't tell you how many messages I get on all my labels and platforms from people who don't follow me or my labels, asking me to support them. Get the hell out of there with that. Just be real, don't spam. Choose your targets carefully.

Hope that helps a bit, ask questions if you have them and I'll do my best to get back to you guys quickly.

Tech Wizard

Thanks, I'm definetly gonna have a look at small labels in my genre

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    If you produce tunes, you can obviously still work on doing repost trades.. Most labels and collectives within your range of fans will work with you no doubt. You should also start looking for collectives to send your music to.. Get your new unreleased demos over to these pages and hope for releases. Don't aim high if you're not that skilled yet, trust me. There are a ton of collective labels on Soundcloud that have less than 1k followers looking for new artists to display. It helps them too ya know..
    Annoyingly I used to use groups to find out about new collectives!
    SC - WS

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    Annoyingly I used to use groups to find out about new collectives!
    Find one, look at who they support, etc. Same thing.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast