loop recorder source map!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default loop recorder source map!

hi everyone, my question is if a can map in a button controller the source type about loop recorder. i would choose about "Main", "Cue", "Ext", "Aux" with button in my controller...can i do?
    thanks!!!

Tech Mentor

isn t on the mapping ( i ve suggest to one of the devs on the beginning, no way it was provide after a couple of years )
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

It's actually worse than that. You cant' choose directly with a mapping AND Traktor doesn't remember your preference each time it starts.
    Yes I had probably the same discussion with the guys at NI during the last years, always telling me that would be great ...and never implemented.
    That's exactly what I don't like about NI or Traktor. It's a great company, great software but that kind of tiny details that are so f... obvious make me so frustrated. I understand not that many people use the LR or that it isn't critical but still that's annoying as hell.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

thanks!!!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    It's actually worse than that. You cant' choose directly with a mapping AND Traktor doesn't remember your preference each time it starts.
    Yes I had probably the same discussion with the guys at NI during the last years, always telling me that would be great ...and never implemented.
    That's exactly what I don't like about NI or Traktor. It's a great company, great software but that kind of tiny details that are so f... obvious make me so frustrated. I understand not that many people use the LR or that it isn't critical but still that's annoying as hell.
    Still frustrating a year later. NI has the best mapping functionality of them all ! ... Yet some things so basic were left out. Why go through all the trouble of mapping only 90% of the functions? If your gonna do it right do it 100%

Quote Originally Posted by YvesD View Post
    Still frustrating a year later. NI has the best mapping functionality of them all ! ... Yet some things so basic were left out. Why go through all the trouble of mapping only 90% of the functions? If your gonna do it right do it 100%
    A year later?
    You're nice with them, the LR has been implemented in 2010.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    A year later?
    You're nice with them, the LR has been implemented in 2010.
    lolll... Yeah, I meant it's been a year since the las post in this thread.... But I get what you mean

What do you need to do in the Loop Recorder that you can't do with a Remix Deck?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    What do you need to do in the Loop Recorder that you can't do with a Remix Deck?
    Easily record a 4 8 16 or 32 loop..... Can that be done with the Rmx Decks? ... I haven't explored the posibilities of the RMX decks yet

Actually quite a lot (and I do use both features extensively).
    You can record a full "live" sequence, applying FX, playing with one shots (and even the remix decks) to create a pattern. Layering things, etc, etc.
    Now there are a lot of things you can do with the remix decks but still the LR is an awesome and very convenient tool (even with its own limitations). Adding the option of using a foot pedal to start recording and freeing both hands is also great.
    I also use it to create samples where the EQ and FX are already integrated.

But whatever my or your use, the point is that after 6 years Traktor can't remember a simple setting and NI didn't implement an option or even give us the means to map something.
    That's not a BIG deal obviously, but I need to pick up my mouse and click on the setting each f... time I open Traktor because I'm always using the same f... setting.
    And annoying things like that tend to add with the different latest iterations of Traktor.

For me the LR 'issue' is very symbolic of what Traktor is at this current stage and age. A great tool, but for some features on an unrefined (sometimes rotten) base where development has been focusing on adding new features without fixing or refining the previous ones... Well you get the point.
    Last edited by Yul; 09-09-2016 at 04:36 AM.
    Latest mix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast