ddj sz purchase?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ddj sz purchase?

so im thinking of picking up a ddjsz as i have an sx right now but im kind of worried pioneer will release the "ddjsz-2" or something. is there any word on the street about this or is it safe to go and get one?

why do you wanna switch??

iPhone syndrome?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i really like that you can adjust the tension on the platters, the updated platter size, the hardware effects on it and the ability to use two dj's because im starting a new gig with another dj where we will both be playing together. if i could afford it obviously i would buy cdjs but this seems like the next best thing asides from cdjs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    iPhone syndrome?
    it happens alot doesnt it....

There is always going to be the next new product on the way, best way to deal with it is not worry about it, if your comfortable with what you have and it does the job with no problems does that hard earned cash really need to be spent?

Quote Originally Posted by Chael View Post
    it happens alot doesnt it....

There is always going to be the next new product on the way, best way to deal with it is not worry about it, if your comfortable with what you have and it does the job with no problems does that hard earned cash really need to be spent?
    lol i still use the older model xone 62 have not looked at anything new in ages...

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    lol i still use the older model xone 62 have not looked at anything new in ages...

i still have my DJM600 (Going on 12 years old) i think im too sentimental to upgrade, it does what i need it to so never really considered it, only had to replace 1 fader that snapped on me

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Chael View Post
    i still have my DJM600 (Going on 12 years old) i think im too sentimental to upgrade, it does what i need it to so never really considered it, only had to replace 1 fader that snapped on me
    Wow, why not pick up a cheap used DJM-700? The rubber knobs and better soundcard would be reason enough. See them going for 250 pounds.

As for the SZ upgrade. I have an SX as well and I would love the SZ, mainly for most of the same reasons already mentioned: Bigger (CDJ-size) jogs, hardware FX but mostly the look it brings. It's a serious piece of equipment. However, it was launched last year and it took them almost 2 years to update the SX, so in my estimation it will be at least another 6-7 months before they introduce the SZ2.

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    Wow, why not pick up a cheap used DJM-700? The rubber knobs and better soundcard would be reason enough. See them going for 250 pounds.

As for the SZ upgrade. I have an SX as well and I would love the SZ, mainly for most of the same reasons already mentioned: Bigger (CDJ-size) jogs, hardware FX but mostly the look it brings. It's a serious piece of equipment. However, it was launched last year and it took them almost 2 years to update the SX, so in my estimation it will be at least another 6-7 months before they introduce the SZ2.
    I didn't realise they were going so cheap so may have a look into it, i can't exactly say i haven't had my moneys worth out of the djm600. I've been thinking about an sx or sz myself, i love my APC40 but i don't fancy the s4 as I'm not convinced by the build quality, the pioneer kit is always solid

Tech Mentor

Yeah, I currently see some here for about 275 quid, I guess you can get a bargain for 250 if you negotiate a bit.
    But you can't go wrong with an SX or SZ either though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast