PC Latency Optimization - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 3ASSIK View Post
    I've been having a lot of problems with my computer's latency during audio. I've been getting random drop outs, and clicks. I've ran a latency checker, and optimized it but it comes back after a while. I run serato on my dell inspiron 17, and use a denon mc2000 controller. Has anyone else been having this kind of problem? I'd love some tips on this guys
    The rules:
    1: Wipe your hard drive.
    2: Reinstall Windows from scratch (demand the Windows disc from the vendor).
    3: Set your system to prioritise background tasks (audio is background as far as Windows cares).
    4: Use Device Manager to disable anything that you don't need, DVD drive, ACPI battery doobrie, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, webcam etc.
    5: Use the 3 fingered salute (ctrl-alt-del) to get rid of any background programs that you don't need, these should be few or non existant if you did a clean Windows install.
    6: Put Windows visuals into "best performance" mode.

You can organise a lot of this by using a script (I think one is available on DJTT actually) which takes about a minute to run. I use the above rules and my Dell Latitude gives me 88samples/2ms latency which is equivalent to no sticker drift when scratching with my Denons on Traktor. Just my tuppence on the subject.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

I've used the DJTT script, after I had run through the settings. It made a small difference in comparison to all the tweaks and reduction of progs on startup. It's been running quite smooooth.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

I ripped out the optical drive, threw in a 128gb SSD with a fresh install of windows 7 professional, and just use the original drive as storage now .. the 12 second boot up is just a bonus
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

hi , google "hardening for traktor" the best
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12