Mix Quality Problems
    Tech Convert

Default Mix Quality Problems

I've recorded a couple mixes about an hour long, however after the recording is saved and converted to mp3, then posted onto mix cloud, the quality of the mp3 is disgusting. The gain is completely reduced, and the bass is so overpowered that it drowns the rest of the mix. Does anyone know how I can avoid this? Also my eq during the mix is set at neutral 12 oclock position, nothings boosted.

Does the original recorded version sound OK?

Is it the mp3 quality that sucks or the mixcloud version which may do further compression and processing on the file?
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Does the original recorded version sound OK?

Is it the mp3 quality that sucks or the mixcloud version which may do further compression and processing on the file?
    The original recording sounds great, however when I insert the MP3 into mix cloud the quality drops. I thought about using a WAV file but it's not supported and not easily accessable. I also though about mixing a neutral eq then after I've finished recording the mix, bring it into ableton, set the eq to the levels I want, then render it out as wav then convert it to MP3.

The Players on Mixcloud & Soundcloud stream @ 128kbps i believe.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    The Players on Mixcloud & Soundcloud stream @ 128kbps i believe.
    So would it be best to render out my mp3s at a higher bitrate such as 320 kbps to keep the compression as minimal as possible?

Yep, with soundcloud the downloads are at the original quality. So if you uploaded a wav for example, the player would still stream at 128 but the DL would be the wav.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "