A&H XONE DB4 User Reviews?!

Default A&H XONE DB4 User Reviews?!

Hello Everybody.

I'm new to this forum.

I’m a Traktor DJ, I play mostly deep/funky/disco house and currently use a TA2 with a Xone 42 (love the Xone mixers) & X1 as my setup.

I’m looking to upgrade my mixer to the Xone DB4 as I’d like to use the internal soundcard for 4 deck Traktor mixing plus benefit from the amazing studio FX (Mark EG’s fx demo pretty much sold this mixer to me) and sweet A&H filters.

After searching the internet forums for the last few months I see that many users experience serious software (drivers/usb3) and quality issues with their DB4/2 mixers – however these seem to date back to 2013 and its now 2015 so perhaps these have been addressed.

I was thinking about getting the TA10 in case DB4 sound-card still has some driver issues at this time. This is not the ideal solution (at this price) but I still believe the mixer performs better then the DJM 900 (which I also had on my wishlist).

So with this in mind I have a few questions to Xone DB4 (and perhaps DB2) owners:

1. Are there any current (2015) known issues with the DB4/2 audio interface, Traktor latency? I currently use the Windows 7 Laptop with usb2 with no issues and plan to upgrade to Win8/usb3 (or higher).

2. Are there any hardware/ build quality issues? I read about cases of channel noise, braking buttons or faceplate scratches from faders etc...

3. Are the DB4 FXs PFL?

I’m planning to purchase the DB4 in early April – are there any audio tests I should do immediately after purchase to check that everything is in order before the 10 day return policy (UK) runs out (the mixer is a handful for someone switching from a Xone 42).

I very much appreciate any information from fellow xone users regarding the DB4 (or DB2). It’s a lot of cash so wanna make sure I’m making the right choice. My heart is set on the DB4!

Thanks!

Still waiting for some feedback. Please help...

Thanks