Traktor z2 fader problem
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor z2 fader problem

my setup is mac, tractor z2 and technics 1210 using tsp

I've had my z2 for about 3 months its been fine apart from a few fader problems but the recalibration sorted them out.

at first my fader was all over the place, it was just under the top and it was playing the lowest volume then just by touching it up a tiny bit it was straight to full volume. and then pushing down towards the bottom it would be at full volume. I posted a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88wp...ature=youtu.be

then I cleaned my z2 hoovered all the dust in the faders and used some wd40. I'm just moving the fader from the bottom to top but in the middle its goes up and down for a sec as you can see in this video

this is the same with vinyl and tractor .

any ideas ? thanks

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Using WD-40 on it was probably not the best idea since that tends to attract even more dust once it settles, you should use rubbing alcohol or electrical switch cleaners like DeoxIT.

Did you calibrate your faders? --> preferences
    +1 on not using WD40

Tech Mentor

Some earlier batches had some fader problems, I would contact NI. Although, they might not help you since you used WD40 on it. There is contact cleaner specifically for things like that. Some shady people might recommend withholding that bit of info when talking to NI in hopes that they would send you a new replacement. However, I wouldn't. That would be dishonest.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental