Two Turntables and VCI mixer

Default Two Turntables and VCI mixer

Is it possible to have a setup with two analog turntables using the traktor scratch control vinyls, and have a VCI 100 as the mixer for them, so that i can use the effects knobs with the turntables?

Tech Guru

yea this is possible, quite a good solution too if you don't mind the internal eq's and filter sound quality. the only thing is that this is a bit expensive if you just want two turntables and a mixer (for a cheaper solution look here http://www.twoyoutubevideosandamothe...rossfader.com/)

Ok seriously though, this will be a good solution if you are looking for 4 deck control as well as effects and cue points. However it is rather pricy to buy the vci when you could use something like a x-session pro ($99) if you just wanted eq's line faders a filter and a few cue points (you could even map a switch to change it to fx instead of eq's). If you are looking for a more expensive solution (AKAI MPD24 $169) has 16 quality pads, 6 line faders and 8 endless rotaries (knobs). Another and probably the best recommendation would be the novation zero sl mk2 ($400 it's a beast though).
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

i already have the two turntables and a vci, i am just having trouble mapping the two together. I've downloaded the new midimap for the vci-100 to work with the new firmware, but how could i alter it so that i can control the decks with the turntables but leave everything else as it is for the vci

Tech Guru

you should have no problem if the vci is mapped and working to go ahead and run the turntables into your a4/a8 via the timecode setup.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud