ARGH! iTunes Node/Collection is broken!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ARGH! iTunes Node/Collection is broken!

I've recently copied all of my music to a new external hard drive. This hard drive also has my iTunes collection, and alll of my Traktor configuration files on.

Now - I can't browse/load from teh iTunes node anymore! Traktor gives me an error - "file is missing or corrupt".

Now, all the files are okay - I can play them in any other program - just not Traktor.

The weird thing is, I CAN play th esame tracks from teh traktor collection...

I've tried checking the consistency, and I've tried "Importing another Traktor Collection", but it STIL won't let me play any files from the iTunes node???

Now - the drive letter of the new drive is different to the old one (old one was G:\, and new one is D:\).

I think I'm gonna have to re-install Traktor and start from scratch...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Maybe obvious, but did you change the path of the iTunes library in Traktor??
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Yep.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

And you can play the files fine in iTunes using the library that Traktor is pointing to?? If yes then I have no idea.....
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Tech Mentor

Would the "check consistency" function possibly help? I think it will allow you to relocate anything not linked.

Tried that, a few times actually, just to be sure...

Checking the consistency only applies to Traktors collection, and not the iTunes library. That's why re-importing your collection has also had no effect on it.

Have you tried opening that specific library in iTunes by holding down the shift key as you open iTunes and then selecting the new library on your D drive??

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Have you tried opening that specific library in iTunes by holding down the shift key as you open iTunes and then selecting the new library on your D drive??
    I think you might have it there mate...

As in the library opens but none of your tracks play (because iTunes can't find them because you've moved them)??

It doesn't matter which library is currently selected by iTunes, traktor is literally just reading the text from the iTunes library XML file, which also contains all the playlists.
    Last edited by robdquick; 03-19-2015 at 10:06 AM.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Just realised I haven't exactly explained myself too well.

If all you have done is just moved the iTunes library XML file without updating it to take into account where you have moved the audio files to, it won't be able to find them (and you'll get a "file is missing or corrupt" error).

I recently went through this process. First I exported the current library to somewhere, so you still have the original library. I then opened the file in a text editor (notepad++) and did a find/replace on the file path to point to the new path. So if your files were originally stored at "G:\Users\Patch\Music" and they are now stored in "D:\Music" you would replace "G:\Users\Patch\" with "D:\". The iTunes library will now be able to find the files in the right place. Open up this library in iTunes and try and play a file. If it works all good. Now set this iTunes library in Traktor and you should be golden.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast