Request a new mapping service to be added to DJtechtools store. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

personally i find mapping quite difficult, i've had several attempts with little success. the stuff i actually managed to map are often stuff i care very little about such as keylock which i don't even use.
    I've had all manner of problems trying to map the reset button and this would be so much use to me in so many ways as well.
    Last edited by Hansfree; 05-04-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Tech Mentor

I found once I got the concepts of mapping, It was easy. I know Traktor's mapping system isn't the easiest but I think in this situation; ease of use and customization are mutually exclusive.

Out of curiosity, what level of knowledge and experience with MIDI are those who are having problems mapping?

Could that be the disconnect? Just a theory.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

djing for about 15 years but quite new to traktor.
    I can map serato no problem but traktor, even with me following video's or guides never seems to bloody work.
    So i just give up, carry on mixing and using the mouse to reset for example.

I find it quite frustrating. I was just saying to the mrs last night; where do these guys get the patience to map these things?!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansfree View Post
    I find it quite frustrating. I was just saying to the mrs last night; where do these guys get the patience to map these things?!
    Been using mapping ever since computer keyboard hotkeys in Traktor DJ Studio 2 (one would call traktor freak)

Answer to your question is simple - you need to love it. I love it, and wish more people will love it every day.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tomii View Post
    first i would like to say, this forum is the best on the web! It has always been the best on the web and will always be the best. The community here is amazing and the amount of knowledge one can receive here is untouched. Ive been off and on this forum for a couple of years now, and anytime i have a question or an issue; the problem is solved right here. I want to thank all of you for your kindness, respect and hospitality.

That being said, I would like to ask all of you to help getting some kind of service where we could pay for custom mappings.

My idea, if you have a controller and have all these ideas about how you want it mapped, you could make a template and pay to have it mapped. Depending on the extensiveness of the mapping would depend on the price.

I know of many mappers that have the ability to provide this service. However, to have a regulated service, belonging to a trusted source; would be ideal.

How many people would like to see this here on DJTT? Does anybody else have ideas they could add?

For any of this to even be considered, there would have to be a need. Am I the only one who is wishing this?

Cant wait to hear thoughts or at least see a couple hundred +1's

thanks guys

tomii
    As with most technical work, most non technical people dont value enough the time it takes.

A simple mapping might take 3+ hours to be working and tested, and Id want at least $100 for that length of job and no one is going to pay that for a mapping.

I started playing with mapping about 3 years ago in Traktor, very intimidating. Fast forward to now, I still don't know everything about it, but I'm pretty proficient at it. It's not that it's difficult but it takes lots of time..
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I'm willing to take the mapping requests for the controllers I have. For the list of available controllers please visit my thread here:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=87722

Same here.. traktor mappings for devices I got..

DN-MC6000MK2
    AKAI LPD8
    Novation Launchpad S
    Novation Launchcontrol XL
    Alesis Q49
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You guys should add a few links to the great mappings you made so the rest are familiar with your work

Tech Guru

Good on you Stewe, this is a very cool thing you are doing. I hope the tyre kickers dont kick you to death with it though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast