Firmware FAQ and Upgrade Solutions - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Success. Upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 using a Serial-USB cable and late model Windows Vista laptop. No convenient access to old computers with Serial ports. The Serial-USB was the poor-quality, overpriced Dynex from Best Buy, but it was the only place open at the time for computer equipment. Potential return in the near future?

A bit suspenseful and got my share of error/time-out messages, but reading over the troubleshooting section and trying a couple different settings did the trick. The FTDAdvancedSetup.exe maneuver helped clear remaining hurdles and saved the Vestax from looking like a brick. About an hour of work altogether.

Default Urgent help needed with upgrade

Hi, I'm in the middle of trying to update my firmware to 1.4, I've loaded the program, I've followed the video everything goes well , I get to the page where you type in 24 for the chrystal speed, then you go next, then next again to the page where you can select the firmware - this page dose no appear for me, what I get is a page that says " Finish " and that's it, no way of selecting the firmware.

HELP!! anyone know whats going on here ???

thanks in advance
    Vestax VCI 100 se Arcade | Traktor Scratch Pro | Ableton Live 8 | N I Audio Kontrol 1 | MacBook Pro 15" | & some other bits & bobs
    My VCI 100 Se DIY Arcade Mod - With upgrade walk through photos
    My Blog
    My Site

Someone just told me that you may need to disable your anti virus software for the flash to work too. Apparently some programs interfere with the update causing a crash

Tech Convert

Hi,

I upgraded my firmware just recently for the high resolution pitch faders and when I try to use traktor neither the tempo sliders or the platters function at all. I know that I can update the mapping, however I do not want to use the vci in the way that you have it set up with the mappings. I want to use it traditionally to cue the song up and adjust the pitch to beat match the song. I also want the pitch sliders to go from the very top to the very bottom and the pitch sliders in traktor to function accordingly.

How do I set this up?

Thanks,

Norm

Tech Wizard

How do i test for firmware 1.4?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can try and get into disco mode.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You can try and get into disco mode.
    Do you happen to have the instructions on that? The old video where FlashFlooder explains it has had the audio stripped out by YouTube, and I haven't seen the instructions anywhere on the FAQ's.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Sorry, I don't remember how to get into disco mode. It was set randomly by pressing a certain sequence of the bottom row of buttons and it changed each time you did it. You can check the midi message from the pitch fader. If it's 1.4 it will be pitch bend. If it's 1.3 it will be Ch.1 cc14 or 15
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Hi all, I successfully upgraded to fw1.4 via a serial-usb adapter on Vista. The trick was setting the baud rate to 9600. Serial ports default at 115200 which is too fast for adapters to handle, so you end up getting the time out error messages. This setting is located in the serial port's properties in the service manager.

Tech Convert

I just tryed to update my firmware and I followd ever last instruction it gets to the end of the flash in green letters it says it has completed but the fdt crashes and now the only thing my vci will do is light up the jog wheels red. PLEASE HELP!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast