Firmware FAQ and Upgrade Solutions - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Student

I bought a usb to serial cable today, because with the normal serial to serial cable the vci don't go in to boot mode. now I don't have any problems with the boot mode but i got the same error!

I tried to change the ports in the device manager but it will not work...

FDT API initialised: version 4, 02, 00, 008
    Clock Fequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM3'
    Configuration:
    'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
    Opening port 'COM3' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
    Attempting 9600
    Attempting 4800
    Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200
    Error No 15024: Boot failed

Help me please.

send me a massage to my email andi-k1@web.de

(sorry about my bad english!)

Hello Andi.

Did you see this portion of Ean's post?

"if you must use a USB to Serial, read this

If you are using a USB serial cable plug it in to a USB port

Now run device manager, if you don't know how to do this follow this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_Manager

Now expand the ports branch,
    (See thumbnail 1)

If you are using a built in serial port its is most likely assigned to COM 1,
    Check that there are no ports with the same number, if another device is assigned the same COM port number you will have to change it to use another number.

If you are using a USB serial cable then it will appear in the list called something like "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port", if you are confused about which one it is remove your USB-serial cable from the USB port, then you should see that device disappear from the Ports tree.

Now right-click and open the properties of the Port you are using, and the click the port setting tab. (See thumbnail 2)

Check that your settings are the same as in thumbnail 2. If they are not change them.

Now if you need to change the serial port number click the advanced button. (See thumbnail 3)

You can now change the Com port number that is assigned to the serial port in the drop down menu. Select a number in the range of 2 - 8 that is not in use.

Click ok in the advanced settings window, then ok in the properties window.

If you are using a USB serial cable unplug it then plug it back in to the same USB port.

Now repeat the instructions in Ean's video."

Hope it helps.

Feel free to email me at orders@djtechtools.com if you have any other questions.

Gratitude.

judeson
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST

Andi, have you installed the drivers for your Serial-to-USB cable? I used one with Windows Vista and the upgrade went smooth with no problems. However, I had to install drivers for the cable when I first plugged it into my laptop. There's a CD that came with the cable but you can also make Windows search for it online, that's what I did. After it installed the drivers, the cable was seen as COM4 by Windows, and it's the port that I used for upgrading. I believe somewhere in Ean's instructions it says COM port must be greater than 3 if you're using a USB connection - from what it looks like you're trying to do it through COM3, which is what may be causing that error. Hope that helps, good luck

Tech Convert

Default Help I'm freaking out!

SO I got the chip in the mail and followed instructions of the video and came up with the same 15024 failed to boot, but than it started recognizing my serial port and now all I get is

error 15005: Com 3: read time out

I couldn't get past this so I tried just closing up the VCI and just leaving it as is and now it won't start. Please tell me my VCI didn't die. I followed instructions exactly.

I am using a proper serial to usb cable. What do I do. Please help as I can't afford for my vci to be down. I'm freaking out please help.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by joezohar View Post
    SO I got the chip in the mail and followed instructions of the video and came up with the same 15024 failed to boot, but than it started recognizing my serial port and now all I get is

error 15005: Com 3: read time out

I couldn't get past this so I tried just closing up the VCI and just leaving it as is and now it won't start. Please tell me my VCI didn't die. I followed instructions exactly.

I am using a proper serial to usb cable. What do I do. Please help as I can't afford for my vci to be down. I'm freaking out please help.

Thanks!

Change the value of delay in the port with "FDTAdvancedSetup.exe", I use 1000, and flash it.
    Cheers From Mexico.

Macbook Pro 15'' Aluminium 2.4 Ghz MAC OS X 10.6.6, Vestax VCI-100 Firmware: 1.3, , NI Audio 4 Dj, Korg NanoKontrol, Technics RP-DH1200. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.1.

Tech Convert

Thanks Morth, worked like a charm!!!! You guys are amazing.
    Cheers!

Tech Wizard

Please help, I'm using a serial to serial cable but it won't upgrade. It says eroor opening the port, unable to open comms and error whie closing the port. I use COM1 port and it's the only com port i can choose. I have followed eans steps precisely but it won't work.

Tech Wizard

Just for everyone's information. Make sure you don't have another sync program running. I had something like windows activesync which also uses COM1 port. After i turned that off it would upgrade, else i got the error that it couldn't open up com ports.

Tech Convert

I recieved my upgrade kit yesterday and have been trying to flash the firmware over with a USB to serial but i always get the message below. I have checked the COM Port number etc. I have adjusted the delay to 1000 and other numbers above but no luck. I think i have gone over everything in the solutions thread. Please help!

FCF Settings Applied: H8/3052F, (C:\Program Files\Renesas\FDT4.05\kernels\ProtB\3052\Renesas\1 _2_00\)
    FDT API initialised: version 4, 05, 00, 008
    FCF Settings Applied: H8/3052F, (C:\Program Files\Renesas\FDT4.05\kernels\ProtB\3052\Renesas\1 _2_00\)
    Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM7'
    Configuration:
    'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
    Opening port 'COM7' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
    Attempting 9600
    Attempting 4800
    Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200
    Error No 15024: Boot failed
    Edit/Delete Message

Tech Convert

OK.... after a few frustrating hours i got it working, not quite sure what i did but i think this may have helped. If you have had to change COM port numbers etc, after settings have been changed then right click on the port you have just adjusted and click scan for hardware changes. That seemed to work for me

Windows XP SP3/ Silver 1.1 Firmware VCI-100

Thanks for the awesome product

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast