Moving from DDJ-SX to CDJ's
    Tech Student

Default Moving from DDJ-SX to CDJ's

So I have been mixing in Serato DJ with the DDJ-SX for about two years now. I haven't played a real gig with it besides some house parties and pool parties. I have recently set myself up to have a weekly event at a local club and I am extremely excited. I know that I can rock parties with my SX, but I'm concerned that I will be forced to use CDJ's at the events.

My question to you all is, What can I do starting now to prepare myself for using them.. I have all of my music organized in serato. I would be willing to organize it in rekordbox but I really don't know what the best route to make this transition would be.

Should I get an SL2 box and begin practicing on my SX in Scratch Live?
    OR
    Should I practice beatmatching without waveforms in Serato DJ and organize my music in rekordbox before the gig?

I'm not scared to learn how to mix without sync or waveforms, just want to know what you guys think is the most efficient way to make the switch. Setting up all of my cues in rekordbox for my library would be pretty damn annoying, but I don't know if I want to spend the 500 for SL2.. I may just beg them to let me use my SX at this point.

Hmmmm.... When using cdj's its all audio, unless you figure out how to connect your laptop to it.

From a non laptop point of view...

Organize your music into 2 usb's.

Practice mixing and beat matching without looking at the waveforms.

try beatmatching without using the sync button as most cdj's don't have a sync button.

pretty much.... Just only use your laptop for looking at the bpm and such.

Hey korsini515,

You can use the CDJ's in HID mode with Serato DJ -
    This makes playing on them much more familiar and fun

and if they have a DJM900nexus, you could try the Club Kit as 1.7.4 is currently in beta and has support for the sound card in the DJM900nexus (no need to buy a box)
    http://serato.com/latest/blog/18210/...-serato-dj-174

Best!