Ableton Live Set

Default Ableton Live Set

Hello Everyone.
    I wanna start make a set/mix with ableton like tractor.
    It is easy? It is possible?
    Can U suggest me tutorials videos or advice me?
    Thank You...

Easiest thing in the world, mate.

A quick YouTube search will see you right! ��
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Set up as many "decks" as you want (I use 4), set your master tempo and start mixing. I highly recommend templates by either Ill.Gates or Will Marshall. I have all their templates and swear by them. Ill.Gates makes templates for some pretty big names such as Bassnectar so you know he is legit.

Be prepared to be looked down upon by everyone that is not using Live.

I agree with William Gibson above. I recently did exactly this. I'm still a rookie at Ableton but I have been able to understand the basics of mixing in Live's session view and now I'm loving life with the Will Marshall APC40 DJ template. I would say to do the following:

1) Watch a few youtubes on simply "how to DJ in ableton". A lot of them repeat information so it's really good to hear it over and over when you are starting out. Through these vids you'll learn how to setup your session view with "tracks" (columns) as your "decks", "clips" (individual cells) as your "songs", and how to add certain essential "effect racks" such as an EQ3 onto each channel.

2) You have to learn to warp all your tunes so you can mix in time as you change BPM's throughout your set. Watch this:

3) Once you have successfully mixed using the bare essentials in Ableton, grab a ready made template if you have an appropriate controller:
    Ill Gates (https://illmethodology.com/product-category/templates/)
    Will Marshall (http://willmarshall.me)

4) Rock on

I have a midi controller allen anf heath xone k2.
    I will try it today.Thank you so mich for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by William Gibson View Post
    Set up as many "decks" as you want (I use 4), set your master tempo and start mixing. I highly recommend templates by either Ill.Gates or Will Marshall. I have all their templates and swear by them. Ill.Gates makes templates for some pretty big names such as Bassnectar so you know he is legit.

Be prepared to be looked down upon by everyone that is not using Live.
    *reading this laughing as I look down from my pedestal... u cheeky little cheaters"