wedding playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default wedding playlist

Sup I got a gig Offer for a wedding in June. This will be my first gig in this kind of venue. The client is looking for easy listening and soft rock(Beatles,Eagles. ect).To my fellow Dj's that might have more experience with this venue or genre would you be willing and able to share some of your playlists or library's and any tip and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I will dump one of my vdj playlists and post it up if ya want I've only had 2 gigs where the main request was something other then just country lol so will see what I can do

I'm in Ireland, and do a lot of weddings, but, I'm not sure my music would work in US.. it's a different culture here..
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Wizard

bump

What sort of venue is it? And what kind of client are you playing to?
    Consider the client isn't the only person there. I've played loads of gigs where a groom or bridezilla has looked for certain music, that really doesn't appeal to the greater audience, who just want to party.
    Maybe the easily listening is for earlier in the evening which does make sense. Eagles, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac all have good songs to play, consider Maroon 5, One Republic too, and some George Ezra, there will be guests that want modern stuff, even if the host insists that easy listening and soft rock is the order of the day.. I'd play that kinda thing before the main party kicks off.. but then, Irish weddings have a tendency to go a bit crazy as the night goes on..
    The roof is lifted when ya play the horrifically AWFUL 'Maniac 2000' by Mark McCabe.. (which fills dancefloors.. really!! and I would NOT recommend in USA) or John Ryan's Polka.. which starts an almighty hooley..
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Sorry didn't get around to dumping my playlist last night will try to find some time to do it again tonight

Don't underestimate the alcohol effect. You don't want to be stuck with easy rock when the wedding reception starts gettin' rowdy. I would bring an arsenal just in case. Bee Gees - Staying Alive, Rob Base - It Takes Two, Dee_Lite - Groove Is In The Heart, Beyonce, etc.

Wedding receptions want to party. Don't be under-prepared.

^^^yes to all that, If you need 100 tracks bring 500.

Also, whassup loverocket! good to see your still hanging around.

My catalog is well over 80k tracks and I still find I don't have everything

Tech Mentor

@DJAdeSands

I'd be interested in seeing a couple of your playlists. I'm currently UK based (I do some weddings, corporates, occasional club work), but maybe moving over to Ireland (Mayo), & will be looking at DJing over there.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast