What is it like to work in a lounge

Default What is it like to work in a lounge

Ive been thinking about a lot and was curious what it's like to work in a lounge where things are more intimate than say a club environment. Do you have more say in what kind of music you play. Are the drunks worse than the ones at the bar.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

first off... i hear there's lizards...
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Everywhere is different. Respectable spots around here dont rage out with Swedish House Mafia in either the club or a lounge. But again, all spots are different. We can't tell you what your local lounges will like. Go and find out for yourself, as a DJ you should make connections and make that judgement call on your own.

e/ Sounds like you may be underage

lounges are awesome! Play chill stuff and have a good time. well....at least the lounges ive played at.

I played at a number of upscale hotel lounges in the past. It's always been a really great time because you get to interact with the people in the venue on a much more intimate level (purely professional, of course!).
    Aaron Benjamin
    soundcloud.com/djaaronbenjamin
    facebook.com/djaaronbenjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

just play Cafe Del Mar lol

Lounges are good, fun gigs. There can actually be a vibe.

Lounges in London aren't what they used to be, meaning they don't hire DJ's as often anymore, they usually just play mix CD's etc

The ones i have played at (hotels) have been okay. I feel a little too aware of my surroundings when i did it though, made me feel a tad uneasy.

Plus i just love the sweaty, drunken, drug fueled environment of clubs, as opposed to the laid back almost 'too cool for school' vibe of a lounge.

IMO of course.