Did you Successfully Upgrade your firmware?
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Did you Successfully Upgrade your firmware?

Let the others know your setup here:

What kind of computer and cable did you use? Any specific steps you found helpful?

Thanks for sharing!

I have a PC Windows XP SP2, I used a serial cable I got @ Frys for $3. I followed the video set by set and had no problems. If anyone needs help in the L.A. area I am help them upgrade.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Default Yes!

MacBook Pro, MacOSX 10.5.4
    WinXP via VMWare Fusion 2.0b2
    USB to serial cable from Monoprice.com (link below)
    Installed driver for cable before following video instructions.
    Make sure to select the correct port in the flashing software!

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Default Success

I was finally successful. I used a Gigaware USB to Serial cable from RadioShack. Not the cheapest thing though... It's $38 with tax. I might return the thing though. hehe.

Originally, I had trouble because the serial to serial cable I tried to use wasn't working. Still not sure if the problem was related to the serial port or the serial cable. Perhaps I just don't know how to configure the port properly... I did try two different laptops (but they're almost the same model so it could be I just don't know how to configure the port with Dell).

Windows Xp - SP3
    Com port on back of motherboard, Standard 9 pin serial cable.

Only problem is my jog wheels lift up a little after opening (physical problem not software)
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Default Perfect (Think Street Fighter II)

Followed the video, aside from the errors detailed in the other forum which were remedied by unplugging the VCI-100's usb and reinserting, it was flawless.

Look at me!!!

I'm Ean Golden!!!

Quote Originally Posted by r1chardell1s View Post
    Followed the video, aside from the errors detailed in the other forum which were remedied by unplugging the VCI-100's usb and reinserting, it was flawless.

For the benefit of others, could you specify what error you received and exactly what change fixed that error? Thanks!

Thumbs up Success

MacOS 10.5.4 on MacBook Core2Duo
    VMWare Fusion 1.1.3 running my Boot Camp Partition (Win XP Pro)
    USB-Serial Cable

I've got the 15024 error, so thanks to this forum, I've changed my COM port from COM13 to COM2 and that's work!!

Thanks for this great firmware Ean !

Tech Convert

I upgraded my firmware yesterday. Used the adapter sold by djtechtools and a Sabent USB -> serial cable. No issues at all really. MacBook Pro, 10.5.4, XP on VMWare Fusion. Collecting all the pieces of software and getting everything ready took far more time than the actual upgrade. I checked which COM port my USB -> Serial cable showed up as (COM3 for me) before I started, using Device Manager. Great tip there, check before you start! Everything went without a hitch.

I've got a plain-jane VCI-100 so all the extra features of 1.3 are either confusing or mostly problematic for me. I may just boot up into 1.2 most of the time. There's lots of talk about the 1.3 on the SE but not a lot from people using the regular VCI-100. I'm going to play around with it some more today and see though.

Tech Convert

I upgraded today and first I got an error when trying to write the firmware.
    The reason was that I used a DB9 Serial Null Modem Cable. When I tried a regular DB9 Serial Modem Cable it worked just fine.
    At first I didn't know that the cables was two diffrent types of DB9 Serial Cables, but realized that after a while.
    I used used a PC with XP SP2 and the adapter sold by djtechtools.

Thank you so much for this firmware!

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast