MF Twister necissity to initiate knobs in Ableton

Default MF Twister necissity to initiate knobs in Ableton

Hi

I am preparing a Live set for stage with Ableton live and want to integrate the Midi Fighter twister. Mapping of the paramters in Ableton to the MF Twister works fine an the mappings are recalled after closing and restarting the project.

However, after closing and restarting a project I have to press and turn (fully) every knob at least 2 times in order for the parameters in Ableton to react. It seems as if the knobs of the MF twister need to be initiated, since they do not know the recent position of the respective parameter in Ableton live after a fresh start of a project.

Is the a regular behavior? because if yes, the MF twister is not suitable for a live on stage use since I cannot turn and press every single knob at the beginning of a live set?

Has anyone experienced a similar behavior? Any suggestions to eliminate this?

Cheers, Christoph

Sounds like you might need to change the resolution settings in Live.

Enter midi mapping mode, then check the orange box in the bottom left of the screen. There are different resolution types in the drop-down.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

yeah as Patch said, try changing the resolution settings.
    That's not the usual functionality.

Yes I found it. It is under settings/pickup mode. When selected "pickup" the problem do not occur any more.

Thanks a lot!

Glad you got it worked out.

Btw, pickup mode can be really useful for using controllers with non-motorized sliders like the APC40.

Pickup mode requires you to move the slider / knob to the current value in the software to essentially "pick up" the control.

Happy producing