Mixing live sounds good, but the recording is full of artifacts...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mixing live sounds good, but the recording is full of artifacts...

So i'm using my new S8, on a maxed out MacBook Pro 13' 2012.

I have used countless setups on this laptops with no problem at all.

But it seems that when recording my set, I am getting lots of artifacts in the recordings that i'm not hearing live.

Live, it sounds like the whole set was on vinyl.

And I really don't think its the latency, because i've never had a problem before, and it sounds great live.

RIP mate

hehe, whaaa?

Haha good luck.... Your about to find out definition of going crazy

Reload is and traktor see if problem happen since it's fine live obviously you'd think its not the soundcard in the controller but maybe it is

I am going crazy...

I've spent 3 months trying to figure out an audio issue on a controller and one second I think it's just an usb issue then next a computer then a hardware then back to software then back to hardware.... In the end I have no clue so picked up another controller to use and test and to my knowledge issues go away with cheap controller but main controller audio issues only happen when hooked up when stand alone no issues then sometimes I convince myself it's an issue stand alone.... In the end I've purchased a xdj-rx and waiting for it and in mean time will take ns6 to gigs along with my typhoon so that way if it does happen at a gig I can have other Dj tag in while I switch controllers so I don't loose audio or will trying hooking both up and seeing if can just do a soft take over without issues

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    So i'm using my new S8, on a maxed out MacBook Pro 13' 2012.

I have used countless setups on this laptops with no problem at all.

But it seems that when recording my set, I am getting lots of artifacts in the recordings that i'm not hearing live.

Live, it sounds like the whole set was on vinyl.

And I really don't think its the latency, because i've never had a problem before, and it sounds great live.
    it is latency, had the same problem when recording in traktor. increasing the latency solved it.
    when recording, you're using aditional cpu resources and also writing data on the hdd. traktor prioritizes live audio so dropouts only occur on the recording.
    how low do you have your latency set?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    it is latency, had the same problem when recording in traktor. increasing the latency solved it.
    when recording, you're using aditional cpu resources and also writing data on the hdd. traktor prioritizes live audio so dropouts only occur on the recording.
    how low do you have your latency set?
    Latency Yes, but I reckon it might be disk latency rather than Audio Latency.

Assuming your macbook is not a Retina / SSD, try recording your set to a different disk e.g. Flash Drive. I get HDD overloads regularly now with Serato / VDJ / Ableton if I'm doing anything more fancy than just A > B mixing with the 5400RPPM drive on my imac - issues with simultaneous read/write speed.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Never have had any issues with recording in Traktor so far... Even with slower machines. When is the last time you've re-installed new version of the TraktorSettings.tsi file?

(user>documents>Ni>Traktor) locate the file and delete it (backup it first) then start new setup wizard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast