Akai APC 40 problem.

Default Akai APC 40 problem.

Hey yall,

So I got my new Akai APC 40 yesterday, I plug it in and launch Live and go into Preferences>Midi Sync and the Akai doesn't show up as a Control Surface under any of the tabs, but it does show up as input and output for some reason.

Also under Midi Ports it shows for input and output and I can enable track and remote just fine and when I press the buttons and turn the knobs it registers the midi signals just nothing happens, the samples and clips dont show up on the apc etc.

I had the same problem with a Trigger Finger and in the end it was Vista that was being a pain. Could that be the reason again? Any ideas?

Cheers DJTT for the sweet website by the way!
    Kudos now Rhythicist.

Tech Wizard

you need the last 7 or 8 version to make it work. probably you know but apc40 isn(t supported in other version

Problem resolved itself when I downloaded the trial version of Live 8. I have the full version of live 7 though and for some reason it wouldn't recognise it, even though it was the most up to date live 7 could be...

Anyways thanks.
    Kudos now Rhythicist.

Tech Guru

Thats because the APC40 didn't exist before version 7.0.15, thus its not supported by any versions prior. It works only with 7.0.15 and above, including Live 8. Hope that helps