new to midi control - midi cc feedback?
    Tech Student

Default new to midi control - midi cc feedback?

Just started getting into digital dj'ing about a month ago and am using a bcr2000 and torq 1.5 on a macbook pro.

Is there a way to have the software and hardware have the same values all the time? I don't want to use midi soft takeover because then the volume will be jumping or other values will change without me wanting them to. The other option where I am now is to basically move the knob until it reaches the point in the software and go from there.. which is annoying.

So basically if I change a value (or the computer changes it, when loading a new track or effect...) in the software the hardware (bcr2000) value will change to what the computer is.

I think what I'm talking about is midi cc feedback.. could be wrong.. anyways any help is really appreciated.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You aren't talking about midi feedback.

Soft takeover does what you want, essentially. When the mixer resets in Torq and the volume is put at max while the controller only has it at 50% soft takeover will prevent the controller from changing the volume until the controller's value is equal to or greater than the current value (in this example, maximum)

To do what you want would be weird because you only have a finite amount of data on your controller. So when your software is a max, and your hardware is at half, what happens when you want to bring the software down to 0? You physically can't without relative knobs.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Student

I wasn't sure if the soft takeover was on or off when the values jump but yes I see what you're saying.

By relative knobs do you mean when you're setting the controller, like absolute vs relative controller mode?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well, kinda, it's more of the type of control you're using. A knob that is 360 degrees of control would be a Relative controller because it will be relative to the software, whereas absolute will be related to the position of the knob itself. There's a smarter way to say it but I haven't had coffee this morning and my brain hurts.

Soft Takeover would be off when the values jump.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall