VCI-400 Firmware Issue

Default VCI-400 Firmware Issue

I've read up on a number of different ways to downgrade firmware, then update it, and I've tried multiple times and it says my Rev ID number is 0x0500 no matter what I do. I've downgraded to the original d006 firmware through the original firmware tool, and it still says 0x0500. I've then tried updating to the 2.0 firmware, and it says it installed successfully, and it still says 0x0500 with an error in Windows 7 device manager on the Subdevice.

It works fine in Traktor if I use my soundcard, but I can't properly monitor through the headphone jack because of the firmware issue and it crashes anytime I try and select it as a audio device.

I've tried downgrading to the original firmware in bootloader mode, it still says 0x0500 in the device control panel.

I've also tried on my laptop, still get the same error in the device manager over the subdevice.

I've seen a couple other people with this 0x0500 rev ID issue but no solutions.

Help greatly appreciated, hopefully there's a way to fix this.

What laptop are you attempting the update with?
    mid-2012 Macbook Pro 13", S4,VCI-400EG, F1 Rokit 5's

Quote Originally Posted by DjRitam View Post
    What laptop are you attempting the update with?
    My desktop is Windows 7, and my laptop is an ASUS running Windows 7.

Tech Convert

It sounds like you have a pre-production version of the firmware. Unfortunately this can happen when you use the "firmware reset tool" which was never intended for public release and should never be used!

The only way to resolve it is to take it to an authorised service centre and ask them to "flash" the firmware straight onto the PCB. It won't work via USB.

Hope that helps,

D

Hi,

Not trying to hijack or anything but I just had to wipe my HD because of kids and a virus, and now I have no clue of how to reinstall the firmware and bin files.

It was two years ago when I set this thing up and remember it was a very precise proccedure to make it work and I cant seem to find the prcedure anywhere!!

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Shayne

Quote Originally Posted by darasan View Post
    It sounds like you have a pre-production version of the firmware. Unfortunately this can happen when you use the "firmware reset tool" which was never intended for public release and should never be used!

The only way to resolve it is to take it to an authorised service centre and ask them to "flash" the firmware straight onto the PCB. It won't work via USB.

Hope that helps,

D
    I figured this was the case unfortunately. Any ideas on where I could get this done?