Intermediate DJ Gear
    Tech Student

Default Intermediate DJ Gear

Hey, I'm moving away from home to start uni in September and wanted to carry on DJing with the hope of looking for a residency in my new home but wasn't sure what gear would be best in terms of keeping me club ready as well as something I could mix on with my friends for fun, I narrowed my options down to the following two set-ups but I'm willing to listen to more ideas.

The XDJ RX is £1200 which I'm willing to pay and I think it'd do the job perfectly.

I could buy a Traktor Kontrol Z2 (comes with traktor scratch) and 2 Audio technica vinyl decks and learn to DJ using vinyls as well as a DVS system, this would set me back around £900-1200

Tech Convert

CDJ's should be suitable. As a Uni student in theUS who hauls two Technics, a Z2, and a laptop everywhere, it gets exhausting. A decent little all in one controller like the Pioneer DDJ-SJ and a laptop is a good practice and backup plan for gigs, no harm in using them.

And to be honest, gear does not matter if you can keep the dancefloor moving, the bar full and retain a regular fan base. Use what gear is most comfortable for you so you can focus on the tunes and the crowd.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

If I were in your shoes I'd definitely go with the RX, solid piece of kit and if the need be you'll have no problem jumping onto a pair pf CDJ's as your workflow, software and all your cue points and layout will remain almost exactly the same.

I ordered my XDJ-RX weeks ago and i've been testing it 2-3 days.

...Just buy it, its just amazing, the feel is like the cdjs + controller, and u don't need laptop which is a high plus.
    if you're not gonna use more than 2 channels its a really good option