Sponsorship - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sponsorship

Might end up deleting this thread.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

look at it like skateboarding... can u do any hard tricks? won any competitions? make any amazing videos showcasing your skills? what benefit would my company get from you wearing our logo without paying to wear it?

if you cant answer these questions confidently, why would i sponsor you? whats in it for me?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    not inevitable. there are a lot of companies who offer endorsement. mostly it's clothing brands giving away free stuff. i know quite a few people who benefit from those endorsements. carhartt for example did this on a massive scale.
    best is to write those companies. tell them what you've got to offer and ask them if they are willing to be represented by you.
    sponsoring on the other hand is a different story. best is to do a local search and ask in stores/shops etc. if they might be interested.
    Sponsored is definitely not the correct term. Endorsements as Ed says above or just simply 'support' is more common.
    I am 'supported' by my local skate store. I get free stuff, and I wear their t-shirts on stage (sometimes), I even play at their Graffiti BBQs for store credit which is better for me as I won't piss the money up the wall - I get some lovely free sneaks and some shirts for a few hours spinning tunes in the sun drinking free booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    not inevitable. there are a lot of companies who offer endorsement. mostly it's clothing brands giving away free stuff. i know quite a few people who benefit from those endorsements. carhartt for example did this on a massive scale.
    best is to write those companies. tell them what you've got to offer and ask them if they are willing to be represented by you.
    sponsoring on the other hand is a different story. best is to do a local search and ask in stores/shops etc. if they might be interested.
    QFT

I know its not exactly the same buuuuut... I play national level paintball and my team is almost 10 years old. We have had sponsors from everything from restaurants to mortgage companies to tattoo shops. You would be surprised at how much people are willing to give for you to wear their logo.

Again, I know we are comparing apples to vaginas but if it works for me in paintball I dont see why it wouldnt work in the music industry.

I'm sponsored by a Bail Bondsman and a Mortuary. Man, I gotta get a better following.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by William Gibson View Post
    QFT

comparing apples to vaginas

I'm gonna make my name DJ Smithson Martin.... maybe they would give me an Emulator Elite

Tech Mentor

flip the table.

1) put yourself in a companies perspective and ask yourself why you would sponsor someone.
    2) find that selling point.
    3) ??????

profit
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Tech Convert

Ok.. so here's my feeling...

Why not go out there and see about getting sponsers? But.... its such a business move that I think you kinda need a serious business hat to do it right...

Clearly you need to be able to make the case to the marketing / pr folks whom have that brand as a client.. or maybe inhouse for that matter... and they might not really know how do be good at doing sponsorships.. so I think you kinda need to know how to shepherd them through the process a little, in many cases, and I don't know how you do that without a deep understand of marketing.

Generally speaking... EDM, otherwise know as "Event Driven Marketing" sry... couldn't help myself... it reaches demographics that marketers REALLY want to reach but don't know how...

Err idk if any of that is any help

Let's not confuse our softball teams being endorsed by the local pub to a DJ looking for sponsorship.. Very different. We were sponsored by the bar because we would all go there for food and drinks after the games. Idk how that would work with a DJ. Again, not saying it's impossible, it's just a much different approach. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm not sure how you'd convince a company to hook you up just because you DJ. OP hasn't made it clear weather or not he has a following and/or plays out a lot. If he does have a fan base and plays shows consistently, then I can't imagine it wouldn't be hard to set up.

Tech Wizard

How about Dj Make it Rane?

Sponsership is hard these days with everyone trying to do it. Back in the 90s, I was sponsered by Ecko clothing and all I had to do was just bomb them with tons of pictures of me wearing their clothing while djing. It was dope to get a lot of clothes every month(sometimes every week). These days you have to do more than just "wear" or own a product to get sponsored. If you have some solid releases out and constantly touring, it'll be a bit easier to get hooked up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12