MIDI Keyboard for FL STUDIO...
    Tech Convert

Default MIDI Keyboard for FL STUDIO...

Hello guys!

I'm newbie here I'm volunteer dj, working with FL STUDIO for several years (I'm 18 years old). I have created some projects, if you want you can check them out here:
    http://soundcloud.com/lasha_kantaria

I have no equipment at all, just computer and fl studio.
    So, i think it's time to develop myself a bit and I've decided to get a midi keyboard to be able to create tracks in better way. Can anyone advice what would be the best keyboard with the best price for fl studio that i can buy over the internet?

Thanks!

Midi keyboard is great but I strongly recommended a 49-key... I picked up a akai mpk mini 25 and constantly find myself running out of keys when creating pads... And even some extensive leads... This all depends entirely on style of music or playing style I suppose... I started playing keyboard on a full size one and did so for many years so maybe that's where my issue lies....
    Anyhow any 25 or 49 will work if you I suggest some with some controls as you will find the knobs more useful when automating filter controls and adsr controls

Look at something not too expensive like Alesis Q49 for example. M-Audio do a similar keyboard, basic enough, but are very functional and good value.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Convert

Thank you guys for advice. So, i guess i must look for midi (49) keyboard with as many knobs on it as it's possible, right? Is there anything else to look for in it's specifications??

Thanks!

M audio are good i have got one my self a used oxygen keyboard and it is great. Alesis keyboards feels cheap though. I also really like Roland keyboards but it is not to the budged anyways. My advice is to try playing different keyboards cus some feels lighter or harder on pushing the keys.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Kazkox View Post
    M audio are good i have got one my self a used oxygen keyboard and it is great. Alesis keyboards feels cheap though. I also really like Roland keyboards but it is not to the budged anyways. My advice is to try playing different keyboards cus some feels lighter or harder on pushing the keys.
    I understand your advice Kazkox. Thank you very much!
    What can you say about keyboard latency? is it problem? I mean, should i try to play piano with fl studio and check it's latency before i buy it or it isn't problem??

I've never had latency issues but I guess my rigs are fairly high spec... So I can't speak on that front

non of the keyboards I guess will have latency issues it is all about your audio settings.