Desire to use traktor got me...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Desire to use traktor got me...

I've owned traktor since 1.06 I had used it extensively for many years even until tpro2 was released... However I picked up a ns6 and kind of just used that since with serato....

Well I wanted to get back into traktor with minimal investment and as lightweight as possible.. As it will be a jogless setup and I don't know how I feel about that.

Kontrol Z1: $169 used.... Shitty CAD exchange

Now next thought deck controls
    Options:
    Novation launch control
    Akai lpd8

Preferably something under $150cad so keep in mind $1.23 exchange rate when giving suggestions.

Prefer something single and can map 2 decks to so minimum 8 pads

I'm lending towards launch control due to having 4 small pass that can be used for pitch nudge control

Launch control will give more scope over using extra knobs for mixer controls if you need em, LPD8 will give you 2 layers of control over 8 pads, and 8 knobs, but only delivers the orange LED on the pads, where the launchcontrol has multicoloured pads. Really, it's down to extra knobs and coloured pads..!
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Guess totally forgot about the denon hc-1000 thinking I can find one cheap that would be best since its setup to do exactly what I'm looking for

Yeah I'm thinking knobs would be handy for fx controls and I'll use for pitch also and loop points

I'll have to wait and see I purchased the z1 on eBay and I've had less then stellar luck lately with deadbeat sellers being pissy because they didn't get enough and not sending products... So will wait and see if t shows up and make a more informed pick on deck control options I really like the idea of the launch control the knobs are where I'm thinking t will pay for itself... And if I loose interest in a jogless setup can use on production side of things more effectively then other options....

If I loose interest in jogless I likely salvage the z1 purchase for mobile djing gigs and use with vdj so I could justify that purchase alone..... Now I have to decide before too long to return the typhoon I picked up

Oh and as to why I chooSe to go z1 over just usuing my typhoon is well... I wanted native sound card support and I wanted full filter control... The other idea is z1 plus a launch control or similar is far smaller then typhoon

Ahh behringer dv1 looks like could be an option also

Tech Wizard

I use an X1 with a Z1 as my backup setup. It's already mapped to traktor, it has control for all the effects, and it can control 2 decks. Honestly, if I hadn't purchased an S4 first, the X1 would probably be my main controller. I got mine on Ebay for less than 150.

Yeah Ive been watching for cheap x1s kind of regretting selling mine when it sat unused after going to Serato for a year.... That being said getting weird audio issues with X1 checked latency issues and can't find any... Example enabling the filter knob creates a bit crusher distortion type sound. Also it sounds like there is audio playback sound issues.... I've yet to dig into it too much...

I did check the filter knob control options to make sure it wasn't doing something either then filter and it was not..... So the journey continues to solve this issue will have to check audio driver settings for the z1 maybe something there is off..

Tech Wizard

Also try checking the firmware. I've had a few issues fixed lately by doing that. Good luck, and let us know how/what you do to fix the issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast