If you couldn't use apple products, what would your setup look like?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If you couldn't use apple products, what would your setup look like?

Recently booked a gig for microsoft and since I can't use any apple products, it makes me think - what are others doing (or would do)?

I use iTunes playlists in Serato DJ, and even use remote on iPad (for which there is no android answer to). Would love to hear your opinions!

(BTW - first time post!)

DJ Samsonite

Tech Wizard

I'd do what I do now, 2 CDJ's and a mixer.

That's interesting that Microsoft won't let you use any Apple products. My brother works in Redmond and has a company iPhone and iPad; granted, he's not out interfacing with consumers or at marketing events.

Tech Mentor

Bring a sack of apples and spread them across your dj booth.

Get windows install iTunes on it and it will do the same.

Only problem that you have is more possibility that it will crush, but its ok, your playing for Microsoft, they will fix it or see what they are producing
    SoundCloud
    Mixcloud
    Progression on TFB-Radio
    Pioneer CDJ-100, Pioneer DJM-250, Technics RP-DH1200

I have zero stability issues with windows iTunes and SDJ? And I don't recall ever having to have iTunes open to access iTunes playlists in SDJ? Am I missing something here?

Tech Wizard

Microsoft Surface.

I've actually been playing with a Dell Venue 11 that I got for super cheap for my light show, and I love being able to use a tablet with a real operating system. The 10.6 inch display is just a little small to DJ off of.

Tech Guru

Exactly the same as it looks right now....except that I'd probably have an Andriod phone with some backup playlists instead of an iPhone.

EDIT:

If "iTunes" is considered an "Apple product" for purposes of this discussion...then there would be some differences in my workflow.

Because of the Traktor/iTunes integration, I do make use of iTunes "Smart Playlists" to help organize my music collection. I make some use of iTunes to prep gig-specific playlists as well.

Lacking that integration, I would revert to only using MediaMonkey for collection management. Making playlists would need to be done in Traktor.
    Last edited by soundinmotiondj; 04-19-2015 at 03:30 PM.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

I use that setup now I use a Acer Aspire V5 the rest of my gear is in my signature. It works for me not everyone is a MacHead thank goodness.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbl3 View Post
    Microsoft Surface.

I've actually been playing with a Dell Venue 11 that I got for super cheap for my light show, and I love being able to use a tablet with a real operating system. The 10.6 inch display is just a little small to DJ off of.
    I'm writing a new thread on the Surface Pro 3 I got to do this gig. Your input would be great. Gimme a couple days and hopefully I'll have it posted.

Sam

just put a windows sticker over anything with an apple on it!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast