Xone 92 beginner questions

Default Xone 92 beginner questions

I just picked up a 92 and am getting used to it for the first time. It's the only mixer I've used other than my old Rane mp22z, so I'm trying to understand which parts are 'normal' and which are idiosyncracies, if that makes sense.

• For headphone cue'ing, is there a way to pan between a mix of full-cue to full-mix? If the pot is all the way to the right (mix), it still plays cue at about 50%. Are there any tricks around this? I like to "pre-mix" in my headphones before doing it live on the system, and on my Rane I liked being able to slowly introduce the new mix in the headphones.
    • At what position should the EQ pots be by default? This Resident Advisor article makes it sound like you can crank them past twelve-o-clock.

"Since the beginning, the Xone line had used asymmetric EQ, as Jones knew from experience that DJs usually need to cut more than boost. The Xone:92 added total kill on the high and low pots and reconfigured the filter shape on the mids. "The idea behind that is that you don't get cumulative gain, so you can turn all the controls to max. If you did that on a conventional DJ mixer, something like the 62, you'll get more than 6 dB of gain overall, because you get overlapping bands." DJs could now go wild with the controls without blowing out the system—a nifty aide to jocks, and a welcome feature for the nightclub owners who were installing them."
    • Anything else I should be aware of? I don't use send/return. I'll go easy on the filters. Thanks!

Also, the curve on the line faders is real!