Recording mixes live
    Tech Mentor

Default Recording mixes live

Is there a way to record my mixe's through my traktor audio a6? I use cdjs mixer and traktor scratch?

Tech Wizard

If you wanted to used your Audio 6 to record, you could use something like Audacity on your laptop. Route your record out from the mixer to the soundcard.

Another option that's pretty easy to buy a handheld recording to record your mixers output. This avoids needing to use a laptop to record.

just run rec out from your mixer back into the 3rd input on the audio 6. record in traktor

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    just run rec out from your mixer back into the 3rd input on the audio 6. record in traktor
    I also use the FX Send as the input channel.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    When you say from the 3rd input, how do i do that? I use all 8 ins and out on one side of my a6 for my CDJ's and channels on mixer. On the other side of my A6 there is a master output ins and out. DO i wire them? Phono cables?

Quote Originally Posted by Macco View Post
    When you say from the 3rd input, how do i do that? I use all 8 ins and out on one side of my a6 for my CDJ's and channels on mixer. On the other side of my A6 there is a master output ins and out. DO i wire them? Phono cables?
    DECK A - mix track - output on a6 to mixer
    DECK B - mix track - output 2 on a6 to mixer
    DECK C - live input track - output from mixer to input on a6
    DECK D - you can use this for drops, another deck what ever you want...

Deck C is a live input that gets sound from an input on your A6... in the record settings you can set the record to come from deck C.

just make sure your other decks have audio going to the mixer

its how i record my podcasts...
    Last edited by calgarc; 04-13-2015 at 03:21 PM.