Ableton 9: Standard vs Suite - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Congrats!

Ableton suite has got a better library and more instruments. I think the sampler is very helpful, if you could buy the suite.

Ableton Suite is 279 if you are a student, right?

Does this come with the same instruments/plugins etc as the non-student version?

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmDeXXX View Post
    Ableton Suite is 279 if you are a student, right?

Does this come with the same instruments/plugins etc as the non-student version?
    If you're simply buying it through Ableton and they allow the discount then you'll end up with the full version I can't see them limiting it for any reason.

i know this is a bit of a necro thread but... i had to decide between upgrading to live9 or suite (from my old live5) today and went with just live9. if later i choose to upgrade to suite itll only cost about 10gbp over choosing suite initially. figure ive got enough to learn with live9 anyway as i never really used live5 that much. just posting in case the info is useful to anyone else...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

To me just Standart is absolutely ok - really can't remember if I ever used included to Suite sounds or samples. So after time and money spent I consider the better is to collect your own samples kit based on preferences and genre you're working in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12