Numark v7 - We got hosed tommy, we got hosed...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Numark v7 - We got hosed tommy, we got hosed...

So, knowing nothing about DJing I decided if I was going to get good I had to have "real" turntables and also I needed to have something that hooked up to a computer because it was the future. Enter Numark v7. These babies would be an investment that would pay off for years, and I bought them just before the Numark s6 came out with 4 decks. Frustrated with the software and the lack of support and the lack of versatility of the x5 mixer I got a vci400 ege and mothballed the v7. A few years ago I pulled them out and set them up with my backup laptop to just have something out to mix on and keep me up to practice so I didn't have to rely on my one controller and I kinda like the vinyl look and feel. The beta crap pissed me off, I let my wife set up her craft table and put the v7s away again. Just today I dust them off thinking after 2 long years numark finally figured it out and started supporting their product. I see no information about serato dj for numark v7 except threads from 2013. I clicked the support tab at numark dot com and the links to download the software are dead links.
    What's a guy to do? I just want some crappy turntables set up in the corner of my basement so I can practice scratching in and mixing without the sync button... Am I gonna have to buy virtual DJ? About the only reason why I'd do that is for the karaoke cloud service for $20 a month, but I'm not ready to get into karaoke. Somebody point me in the right direction or at the very least feign sympathy and then call me a dumbass for expecting anything from Numark to have staying power.

I've ran my ns6 for 5 years for God know how many hours and it was purchased used in not working condition littler was 3 months old so snagged it for half price... Reflashed firmware and it's been good since.... I think eventually it'll start cutting up soon enough but as of now it still can mix music... I think headphone cue has an issue somewhere but I am unsure as I don't know if headphones or maybe just me convincing myself there's something wrong

If u just want to scratch and mess around, JUST USE SOME RECORDS?

*edit*
    disregard this i guess, i thought when you said turntables, you meant record players.
    Last edited by Deejaesnafu; 04-11-2015 at 10:34 AM.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Entheos406 View Post
    I see no information about serato dj for numark v7 except threads from 2013. I clicked the support tab at numark dot com and the links to download the software are dead links.
    http://serato.com/hardware/numark-v7

As far as I can see, Numark V7 is "Plug-and-Play supported hardware that does not require a Serato DJ purchase." There's quickstart guide and download link for the Serato DJ software.

Links for drivers are here: http://www.numark.com/product/v7 and working soo...what your problem?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    http://serato.com/hardware/numark-v7

As far as I can see, Numark V7 is "Plug-and-Play supported hardware that does not require a Serato DJ purchase." There's quickstart guide and download link for the Serato DJ software.

Links for drivers are here: http://www.numark.com/product/v7 and working soo...what your problem?
    http://www.numark.com/support/downloads/v7 Has a bum link for the software (serato DJ and itch) and when I googled if it was supported I found links threads from 2013 and then the beta forum. I got super pissed off that 2 years later no progress was made. I guess that's my problem. I had the wrong link. Is Serato DJ free for v7 owners or do I have to buy it?

Tech Wizard

You can download Serato DJ for free. Install it on your computer, plug in the v7 and see if it works.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbl3 View Post
    You can download Serato DJ for free. Install it on your computer, plug in the v7 and see if it works.
    I see that now thanks to the link I was given to Serato.com.

I guess I just need to take a class on how to google sh*t. I'm obvious no good at it to have turned up nothing when it is so obviously supported now. I guess I'm just butt-hurt from back in 2013 when the ns7 was supported immediately and the v7 stayed in beta because they couldn't figure out how to keep us from mapping 4 decks to it and didn't want us to be content with our old controller without buying the ns7 mk2 or mk3

Tech Wizard

I had a smack myself in the head moment the other day as well. 20 hours of troubleshooting later and you realize you had the wrong box checked. Pissed but relieved I got it working.

Tech Mentor

Downloaded it and hooked it up. It appears to have 1 deck support. As soon as I hit play on the second deck it hangs. I have a core i5 MacBook Pro with 16gb of ram. It should be able to run this program. I think I'm gonna have to return to my original statement. We got hosed tommy, we got hosed...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast