Serato Club Kit + Xone DB4 = Digital DJ Nirvana?

Cool Serato Club Kit + Xone DB4 = Digital DJ Nirvana?

How did I miss this? http://store.serato.com/us/software/...to-dj-club-kit Apparently the Xone DB mixer series, including my beloved DB4, is now supported with Serato Club Kit. Is anyone using this, and how well does it work? Is there anything needed beyond the Club Kit? (I'm unclear if a basic Serato DJ license is also required). And is anyone using the K1 with it? What features does it add? And have Serato's effects improved over the years to be at least somewhat close to what Traktor has to offer?

I used to use Serato many moons ago but switched to Traktor around 2008 or so because of its fantastic MIDI mapping features and the effects. A few years passed and I picked up the Allen + Heath DB4 because when it was announced, it was going to be a Traktor-certified mixer. That fell through/never happened, and Traktor got more and more annoying to me as time passed; in the past couple years when I've DJ'd at home I've stuck to vinyl only and the few gigs I've played out I've used Serato because it's what the club had already installed. Yes I know about the "undocumented" way to use Traktor with the DB4 but I wanted a legit way to do it without having to upgrade my Audio 8 soundcard. I found a way (I'm sure I posted about it 3 years ago or so; basically I had to buy some RCA splitters due to the DB4's limited input array). But that was a pain in the butt and as Traktor got more complicated I basically abandoned it for my first DJ tech love, which is good old vinyl; I miss Traktor's effects and MIDI doohickies, but the DB4 effects are nice and I really enjoy "real" beatmatching. I have tried Serato with my mixer before using a Serato box but had trouble getting some basic features to work like choosing songs, and none of my myriad MIDI controllers seems to work with Serato (including the NI X1, which I have never got working properly in MIDI mode). I do have dicers which worked fine but they aren't programmed for basic functions like stop, play, choose songs, etc. I'm wondering if this announcement will get me back into digital DJing again.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

I had an X1 that I had fully mapped for SDJ when it was first released.... Worked fine just didn't find I used it as much as I thought I would so dumped it......

Every time I turn MIDI on on the X1 it just stops working; it sends no MIDI signals to the software. Thought it was just a Traktor problem but same thing happens in Serato. Works fine in Traktor native mode. Also thought it was a bum X1 but it wasn't; NI swapped out for a new one and I had the same result. I think it's a problem with Controller Editor mapping the X1 to a particular USB port, but I can't figure out how to fix it (and swapping ports doesn't help). I'd love to get it working on Serato DJ though; it's a beautifully laid out controller (and I don't feel like buying any new ones lol)....

*bump*... is literally nobody using this yet?