Looking for a cheap effects unit!

Default Looking for a cheap effects unit!

Hey everyone, this is my first post of the djtt forums!
    I'm looking for a cheap effects unit (under $200-$250). I have a few guitar pedals that I can use, and my mixer has a few effects but they're kinda garbage. I'd really like something with good basic, DJ effects (especially reverb and filter, some others would be nice.) I'd rather not dish out hundreds of dollars for a Pioneer unit. And I've looked at the different models of Korg Kaoss Pads, but I don't like the xy pad, I'd much rather have a knob.
    These two brands are all I've found. Does anyone know of a good, cheap unit with at least a couple of basic effects?

Thanks,
    Jack

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wald View Post
    Hey everyone, this is my first post of the djtt forums!
    I'm looking for a cheap effects unit (under $200-$250). I have a few guitar pedals that I can use, and my mixer has a few effects but they're kinda garbage. I'd really like something with good basic, DJ effects (especially reverb and filter, some others would be nice.) I'd rather not dish out hundreds of dollars for a Pioneer unit. And I've looked at the different models of Korg Kaoss Pads, but I don't like the xy pad, I'd much rather have a knob.
    These two brands are all I've found. Does anyone know of a good, cheap unit with at least a couple of basic effects?

Thanks,
    Jack
    Roland EF303 perhaps ? if you are willing to scour ebay for one or maybe one of the older Pio 500 / 1000's

The Kaosspad is probably the best value and most flexible effects machines on the market though, so fas as I know you could use a small knobby midi controller to change the X/Y parameters rather than the touchpad.

The problem with cheap effects units is they sound cheap.
    Last edited by deevey; 04-14-2015 at 11:06 PM.