Twister Feedback problem number 2
    Tech Wizard

Question Twister Feedback problem number 2

I have experienced two problems with feedback on the led rings.

The first is a known problem. When you set a knob at the twister to transmit as an encoder, with the midi message routed back in order to get LED Feedback the midi from Traktor to the twister, the feedback is disabled whenever the knob is turned.

I have now experienced a second problem. When you get an outside source to transmit mide in order to light the led rings, the twister starts to behave eradic.

I have made a video to illustrate the problem. I hope somebody can tell me if my unit is faulty or if it is a problem with the firmware.

The shown bank is bank 2 (bank 2 on standard twister setup).

Best Regards Jeppe
    Attached Files Attached Files

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Jeppe,

Thanks for taking time to post a video! I can confirm this is a known bug, but I can actually produce this only for the first time the encoder has been used (after plugging in) - after I turn it counter clockwise for the first time the firmware will start to transmit midi massages correctly, regardless of the LED ring has been exposed or not.

Did you try to factory reset the midi fighter or revert to recovery .hex file?
    If so, please share your .MFS file as well (mf settings file)

Tech Wizard

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I can confirm this is a known bug, but I can actually produce this only for the first time the encoder has been used (after plugging in) - after I turn it counter clockwise for the first time the firmware will start to transmit midi massages correctly, regardless of the LED ring has been exposed or not.

Did you try to factory reset the midi fighter or revert to recovery .hex file?
    If so, please share your .MFS file as well (mf settings file)

The bug comes back whenever the led-ring for some reason no longer lights for some time (in this case if I change tracks or volume lowers enough).

I have to say I am quite disappointed with the product due to this. It is great featurewise, build quality and feel is fantastic, but firmware is a very big disappointment. This product has been out for quite some time and is advertised as

"Full Feedback

Each encoder has an 11-position LED ring and a large RGB status indicator at the base." (from the twister feature site).

It is quite misleading to advertise it as encoders with an 11-position LED ring, if ring and encoder function is not working together. Though it has been known for more then 8 months, not a single update to the firmware has been supplied since beginning of august, and from the previous messages about LED feedback problems, I can see that a solution i months ahead. Is this what I can expect from DJTT in the future, that products with clearly unintentional faulty firmware are left without updates for so long? I am sorry to say, but I have to reevaluate my view on the company.

Jeppe Johansen

Please open a ticket here:

https://store.djtechtools.com/support

In the mid time, you can use the Utility software to change the encoder mode from 3Fh in to the CC and still have a proper LED feedback with current firmware version.

Best,

Tech Wizard

Please open a ticket here:

https://store.djtechtools.com/support

In the mid time, you can use the Utility software to change the encoder mode from 3Fh in to the CC and still have a proper LED feedback with current firmware version.

Best,

How would that solve my problem????

I have mapped it with encoders to make it fit a mapping for an FX set with "restore parameters when switching effects" this means that CC would ruin flow when using effects or do you know a certain mapping trick that I don't?

CC mode doesn't have any issues with reading out the MIDI IN. If you set and map the output command for corresponding FX parameter the Encoder Ring will always be in sync wit the value changes on switching effects.

Tech Wizard

CC mode doesn't have any issues with reading out the MIDI IN. If you set and map the output command for corresponding FX parameter the Encoder Ring will always be in sync wit the value changes on switching effects.
    I Don understand. Can you give a screendump of the commands?

If i set it for CC I get jumps due to knob position chances between different fx presets

Sure, here is the screen:

I've added a couple of FX Unit parameters. Each input command is followed by corresponding output.

Tech Wizard

Sure, here is the screen:

I've added a couple of FX Unit parameters. Each input command is followed by corresponding output.

THX. That feature I din't know. It won't solve all my mapping needs but it makes my mapping useable.

Thx a lot.