From Car Subwoofer to DJ Booth Add-on
    Tech Guru

Default From Car Subwoofer to DJ Booth Add-on

Just got a free subwoofer from a friend who is no longer in need of it because he changed cars.
    (here is the link: http://bit.ly/1JusAyg)

I was planning on leaving it in the backyard for when I have people over in the summer for some parties. It would add some low end to the pair of KRKs I have out there. Now my question is what would be the best way to get it up and running looking for some recommendations for an inexpensive amp that I can get to my xone 92.

Any help will be appreciated
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

buy a small amp kit from here http://www.parts-express.com/ make sure its the same wattage and amperage as your speaker...

Tech Guru

If I got a car amp the only convenient way I know of connecting a car amp in my house would be with a computer power supply. So I would probably be better off with a powered amp than a car amp correct?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

yes.. but building an amp from a kit may be easy, if you can solder. check to see what the price difference is on the amps. personally i find the KRK's have extra low end so something tight like a JBL or M-audio sub may do the trick for 5 bills

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    If I got a car amp the only convenient way I know of connecting a car amp in my house would be with a computer power supply. So I would probably be better off with a powered amp than a car amp correct?