No midi signal in TP with LPD8*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default No midi signal in TP with LPD8*

Hey guys,

I just bought the LPD8. Im having issues with TP recognizing the midi signal. I am able to set the midi in & out to LPD8 but the midi light is not lighting & doesnt recognize any button with learn on. I have the editor and have set this up & saved my presets. But I have read that when I upload my settings a green button is supposed to pop up and say my settings were uploaded but I dont get this. Any help would be appreciated

Tech Mentor

Make sure to have Traktor closed before opening the LPD8 Editor and vice versa. When the LPD8 is being used by one program it is unavailable for use with the other.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Tech Guru

are you using windows 7, because if so, I'm having the same problem.

Tech Mentor

I am on windows 7. Does windows recognize the device? In other words is it showing up as a device?(start > devices and printer)
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Tech Guru

yes, it recognizes that its plugged in, and its the lpd8, but there is a little yellow triangle next to it, with a ! in it. It also does not appear in the editor dropdown.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    yes, it recognizes that its plugged in, and its the lpd8, but there is a little yellow triangle next to it, with a ! in it. It also does not appear in the editor dropdown.
    I take it the drivers I sent you did not work?

Tech Guru

nope haha. Tried to point my computer to it, says it didnt recognize those as the drivers, guess they were specific to 64.

Tech Guru

but yeah... its looking like I'm going to have to return this. Might try and pick up the midi fighter, and I just got a bcr 2000 for free, so I dont really have any need for the knobs on the lpd any more.

Tech Convert

I'm running my LPD8 in both 32 bit & 64 bit Windows 7 Professional on a Dell Studio 15 1557 (thanks to Behringer refusing to write a 64 bit driver for my BCD3000) and it all works with Traktor Pro well.

What other hardware are you using on the laptop?
    Traktor Pro - Behringer BCD3000 - Akai LPD8

Tech Guru

running an mbox2 soundcard, and a vci 100. and a mouse. thats about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast