Back in the game cant decide on controller
    Tech Convert

Default Back in the game cant decide on controller

Hey guys, just a little background. I used to DJ had a nice set up CDJ-900s and a xone 42 mixer. Also have had sl-1200s and a Kontrol s2. I sold everything because I needed some cash at the time, but now I want to come back into the game. I will strictly be mixing in the bedroom but I am the type that likes to have the good gear.

I am looking at the Pioneer DDJ-sx2 and the DDJ-Sz. I played with the SZ and I was blown away at how amazing it looks and feels. I loved the size and the jog wheels were the perfect feel and size. I did not get a chance to play with the SX they did not have one up on display but they did had a beat up one in the used gear section which kind of looked disappointing to me.

I am able to afford both, but I cant decide if it is worth the extra grand to get the SZ over the SX2. What do you guys think. Have you guys with the sx2's regretted not going for the full size SZ?

Also, with the sx2 I hear it support DVS. Does this mean I can plug in CDJ's or SL-1200s later without needing to buy a audio 8/10 or SL box? Is the sx2 mixer a standalone which will allow me to use CDJ's without software?

Thanks Guys

Go for the SX2 if you want the portability. Otherwise get the SZ. They can be found with pretty deep discounts these days, and the SZ already has DVS loaded and ready to go. With the SX2, you have to by a DVS expansion pack from Serato that will run you another $100ish bucks.

I have an SX2, and I love it because I sometimes take it to gigs. If I didn't need the portability, I'd get an SZ.
    Aaron Benjamin
    soundcloud.com/djaaronbenjamin
    facebook.com/djaaronbenjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Tech Convert

Im a little scared to buy a second hand sz to be honest. How do i know what has been done to that thing? I found a scratch and dent one for $1400 online.. im considering that, but i mean without pictures how do I know what condition its in. What if it breaks on me and I have no warranty from pioneer?

Quote Originally Posted by AHB900 View Post
    Im a little scared to buy a second hand sz to be honest. How do i know what has been done to that thing? I found a scratch and dent one for $1400 online.. im considering that, but i mean without pictures how do I know what condition its in. What if it breaks on me and I have no warranty from pioneer?
    I never said it had to be used. I have seen SZs go on sale for around 16-1700 new. As for scratch and dent--if it's from an online retailer, buy yourself a squaretrade warranty (probably will cost around $100), and you'll be set for 3 years in case anything goes wrong.

$1400 is a damn good price. I'd jump on it!
    Aaron Benjamin
    soundcloud.com/djaaronbenjamin
    facebook.com/djaaronbenjamin

Tokyo/Toronto

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    I never said it had to be used. I have seen SZs go on sale for around 16-1700 new. As for scratch and dent--if it's from an online retailer, buy yourself a squaretrade warranty (probably will cost around $100), and you'll be set for 3 years in case anything goes wrong.

$1400 is a damn good price. I'd jump on it!
    Woah 1600-1700 new is great. I am thinking about just going with the open box sx2 for $850 from a online music store that ive used once before.

Tech Wizard

S4 or S8 if your going all in one.
    Running: MB Pro quad 2.8, 4gigs ram, Traktor Pro with latest update, S4, F1(may return in favor of coming m3dpro!