Fly/Travel with S8
    Tech Student

Default Fly/Travel with S8

Hi all,
    I've been considering upgrading to S8 recently, but its size is definitely too big to carry on flights. If you throw it in checked luggage, will it survive the airport hassle? How do you guys travel with it?

Thanks in advance,
    Kobe

I'd love to have an answer to this as well. Even though I saw the dimensions, I didn't realize how much larger this was than the S4 until I had them side-by-side. And here I was thinking I'd be able to still use my Mono bag. Whoops!

-kb

It fits in the overhead compartment.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Systematik

As the name suggests, buy a 'flightcase', will also do you well in other situations where you have to travel.

Really late response but I actually got the S8 right before going to Europe. I took it as a carry on in the box it came in, had actually no problems at all. Honestly keeping it in its original box and trying to taking as a carry on is the best bet because it was a tiny bit over size in dimensions and any flight case would make it really difficult to be allowed on as a carry on; and never would I trust it as a checked luggage, not even worth the chance of being stolen.

Tech Wizard

Flight Cases seem to be the way to go.

Any recommendation on whether to get Native Instruments' own flight case for the S8, or to go for another brand?

I kind of like the idea of not having the laptop stand on top, having the laptop between me and the dancers, but instead having the laptop put away.