Pioneer CDJs and a Behringer Mixer - Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pioneer CDJs and a Behringer Mixer - Question

Aside from my Traktor S2 MK2 (with iPad), my flatmate also has two Pioneer CDJs (not sure of exact model, but one might be a 900 and the other a 1000) and a Behringer Mixer.

Is it possible to burn some timecoded CDs and use them with either Traktor on the ipad (unlikely) or with traktor/serrato on a laptop?

Or are they just for bog standard MP3/audio cds?

Yes it is possible (on the laptop, anyway). As long as you have Traktor SCRATCH.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmDeXXX View Post
    Aside from my Traktor S2 MK2 (with iPad), my flatmate also has two Pioneer CDJs (not sure of exact model, but one might be a 900 and the other a 1000) and a Behringer Mixer.

Is it possible to burn some timecoded CDs and use them with either Traktor on the ipad (unlikely) or with traktor/serrato on a laptop?

Or are they just for bog standard MP3/audio cds?
    Yes you can run them with timecode on the ipad if you have a soundcard with line-in compatible with an ipad using the DJplayer app and a compatible powered USB hub.

Or you can run regular traktor timecode if you have a Native instruments Soundcard,Traktor Scratch and the Timecode CD's/MP3's (makes no difference).

However if you have 2 CDJ900's you dont even need the timecode (or Traktor Scratch) so if he "actually" has a 900 it would probably be cheaper and more efficiant to sell the 1000 and put the cash towards buying another 900.
    Last edited by deevey; 04-29-2015 at 05:38 AM.

It's actually a 1000 and an 800...

What are people's thoughts now?

Tech Mentor

No mate, it's not as easy as just burning some timecode cds unfortunately.

You need a Traktor sound card or a Traktor certified device.

So thats either an S4, AUDIO 4-6-8-10 or a certified mixer like the DJM 850, Denon DNX1700/1600

Once you have that sorted then it doesn't really matter what CDJs you are using.

I'm not sure for Serato never used it.

I have a Traktor S2 MK2 - is that a certified device?

That said, why would I use Pioneers if I had an S4?

Tech Mentor

I have a Traktor S2 MK2 - is that a certified device?

That said, why would I use Pioneers if I had an S4?
    The S2 is not a certified device, I believe it has a sound card but doesn't have the scratch functionality.. it doesn't even have the inputs on the rear to add extra devices and is only 2 channels.

There isn't much to gain using CDJs in my opinion, it's the same feel as using the S4 job wheels.. there is the obvious added benefit of having your entire library at hand instead of swapping CDs... most people who use scratch will be to use vinyl. If you had the S4 you could hook up some CDJs and have 4 decks.

CDJs are just the standard in most clubs (from what I've seen).

Also, I'd just like to be able to use everything to a decent standard.

Wait until I start my vinyl threads

Tech Mentor

CDJs are just the standard in most clubs (from what I've seen).

Also, I'd just like to be able to use everything to a decent standard.

Wait until I start my vinyl threads
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en...or-scratch-a6/

This has everything you need to use Traktor with your CDJs and Behringer mixer.. and it even includes vinyl should you decide to go down that route as well, it sort of makes your S2 redundant though unless you want it as a spare or something.

Sorry to ask this again, but I'm now looking at using Serato instead of Traktor.

I'm thinking of buying another CDJ-800 (to match the decent working one we have) then using my laptop in conjunction with Serato or Rekordbox.

Will I need a Serato audio card too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast